Old 21-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Yellow hyacinth update

I still have not brought the water test kit home, but still have some data
about our yellow hyacinths.

The iron has changed the yellowing of the wh in the 4x8 berm vf. They are
clearly moving from yellow to dark green. Those hyacinth have long roots.

The wh in the pond (short roots...koi) are mixed as to green. Some have
become more green, others very little. I suspect the roots have made the
difference.

The ones in the tub with fertilizer (tomato...low nitrogen) have not
appreciably darkened. I will continue to watch them.

Provisional conclusion: low iron yellowed them and low roots make it hard
to grab nutrients.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 21-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Mike Patterson

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:48:40 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
wrote:

I still have not brought the water test kit home, but still have some data
about our yellow hyacinths.

The iron has changed the yellowing of the wh in the 4x8 berm vf. They are
clearly moving from yellow to dark green. Those hyacinth have long roots.

The wh in the pond (short roots...koi) are mixed as to green. Some have
become more green, others very little. I suspect the roots have made the
difference.

The ones in the tub with fertilizer (tomato...low nitrogen) have not
appreciably darkened. I will continue to watch them.

Provisional conclusion: low iron yellowed them and low roots make it hard
to grab nutrients.

Jim

I must have missed the iron part... how do you add iron to your water?

TIA

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."
Old 21-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Hi Mike,

We used a bag from Home Depot that we got for adding iron to the blueberries
that we have in our yard. Tell them you have to add iron and they will
point you to it. Doesn't take much compared to the smallest bag size.