Old 24-07-2004, 03:02 AM
J.D. Stone

Default pesticide?

Something is eating up my Canna and Taro leaves. Seems most pesticides warn
toxic to fish. Anyone have any suggestions for what to do?

--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Old 24-07-2004, 03:11 AM
Pinkpggy

J.D, I looked at your web site, very good!!! I was reading the list of your
favorite books. The last book, written by Jeff Reid caught my eye. He is the
one that designed and put in our pond this April. He has been in our area now
for a couple of years so I feel very honored to have had him actually design
and put in our pond. His company Tranquility Ponds has become a very well
known name in ponding in our area.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

Old 25-07-2004, 03:59 AM
J.D. Stone

"Pinkpggy" wrote in message
J.D, I looked at your web site, very good!!! I was reading the list of

your
favorite books. The last book, written by Jeff Reid caught my eye. He is

the
one that designed and put in our pond this April. He has been in our area

now
for a couple of years so I feel very honored to have had him actually

design
and put in our pond. His company Tranquility Ponds has become a very well
known name in ponding in our area.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html

Thanks. I need to update it. I built an in pond bog filter that was
discussed in Watergardens Magazine in the second pond. Works real well.
Clear water as advertised.
Hope Homer doesn't like koi cuisine as he gets bigger and Duffy is not a
fisherdog!
My Schnauzer ignores the fish now, but my son's Schnauzers (when he brings
them by) go on fish patrol, hoping for a chance.

Old 25-07-2004, 04:56 AM

my water lilies are over run with little black specks. I am going to fill my
quarantine rubbermaid with pond water and copper sulfate 2X and treat them. then
rinse and put em back. .... when I FIND my jar of copper sulfate. Ingrid

"J.D. Stone" wrote:

Something is eating up my Canna and Taro leaves. Seems most pesticides warn
toxic to fish. Anyone have any suggestions for what to do?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 26-07-2004, 07:43 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"J.D. Stone" wrote:

Something is eating up my Canna and Taro leaves. Seems most pesticides warn
toxic to fish. Anyone have any suggestions for what to do?

Describe the damage. ~ jan

Old 26-07-2004, 08:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Old 26-07-2004, 01:08 PM
J.D. Stone

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
"J.D. Stone" wrote:

Something is eating up my Canna and Taro leaves. Seems most pesticides

warn
toxic to fish. Anyone have any suggestions for what to do?

Describe the damage. ~ jan

Like bite marks somewhat. Looks like something grasshoppers or caterpillars
would do but I haven't seen any. Seems to happen at night. Not holes...just
chunks of leaf gone.

Old 27-07-2004, 12:56 AM
J.D. Stone

Like bite marks somewhat. Looks like something grasshoppers or

caterpillars
would do but I haven't seen any. Seems to happen at night. Not

holes...just
chunks of leaf gone.

I found the critter. Caterpillar hiding out under a leaf. Hungry b*st*rd.
Fish food now.
JD
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone

Old 27-07-2004, 08:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I found the critter. Caterpillar hiding out under a leaf. Hungry b*st*rd.
Fish food now. JD

Glad you found the culprit. I had a band of caterpillars decimate a lizard
tail last year, so there may be more than one. ~ jan