Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Ka30P

Default a challenge for the rec.ponds experts

Okay people, I've got a challenge for you!

I've been noodling around the web looking for information
about various pest deterrents and I found an interesting post.
So I emailed this nice person and we've been exchanging emails.

She found a white EPDM liner at an auction and would like to
use it in a koi pond. That's right white!

Now the idea is that the koi will show up loverly against the white and our
challenge that I put before you is how to do that.

Now I'm thinking....
a bottom drain and skimmer, of course, and a nice long handled soft brush and a
commitment to maintenance.

But for the stuff that doesn't go through the bottom drain and caught in the
skimmer and we want to keep this water crystal clear what do you all suggest as
far as filtering, really polishing the water?

Have at it!

kathy :-)
algae primer