Old 03-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Charles

Default azponds ?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 05:44:04 GMT, Grumpy wrote:

Has anyone delt with these guys? Prices seem reasonable.

I did. I got what I ordered, when they said they would send it, all
okay. I'd deal with them again.

I have read that they are hard to get a hold of if you need to talk to
them, I didn't, so that's just what I've read.

--

- Charles
-
Old 03-08-2004, 07:19 AM
Bob H

They would not stand behind the cal pump uv light I bought when it went bad,
they made me deal directly with Cal Pump for warranty adjustment.....not
cool in my book.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Janet

If you're serious about keeping koi then I suggest you stop where you are
right now and head on over to the pond building forum at
http://www.koiphen.com There are some very knowlegable folks there that
really know their stuff. I hate to say it, but 3 feet deep isn't going to be
deep enough for koi. You're going to need some heavy duty filtration as
well... there is a reason koi are called pond pigs...
Janet in hot, humid Niagara Falls

--

"Grumpy" wrote in message
I talked to them today, no problem what so ever. I'm trying to give
local shops my business, but their prices make it hard, even with
shipping. So far I'm saving at least a couple hundred dollars with just
the pump and liner, I haven't priced filters yet. I'm still trying to
understand what the best method is. Problem is, I've talked to 10
different people, and gotten 10 different filtration methods including
no filter at all. So I'm still on the hunt. Here is the "hole" I have so
far:
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm
I'll take any recommendations. I will have koi. Thanks
p.s. I'm saving over 1,000 dollars compared to one of the shops, pays to
shop around!

Old 04-08-2004, 10:23 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:05:51 GMT, "Newbie Bill" wrote:

My pond is a 800 gallons of delight. I am sure it claimed to do that or I
wouldnt have gotten it. On my last pair of glasses I did not pay for the
invisible print filter, so maybe that was the problem. My first big clue
that it was not heavy of mechanical was when I put a small piece of cotton
batting on top of the coarse filets and it stopped considerably more.
Bill

Oh, you fell for the old mileage in town & highway ploy. Just like car
mileage is never what the manufacturer claimed it would be, same with
commercial filters. In fact, we have a formula for commercial filters, take
the claimed gallons filtered and divide by 2. Now you have a more realistic
amount the filter will keep clean. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~