Old 05-08-2004, 06:50 AM
George

Default Need PORGinions

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
.. .
My first thought when I saw the site was "Why would I buy stuff to

advertise
his website?". You may be famous, but only to us(or is that infamous). It
also strikes me as small. Been a while since I priced screen printing but
my inclination would be to have a bigger 'message' along with a

significant
size pond graphic. If it was still red and/or black I doubt it would cost
any more. Less if you didnt print one side. One sided I would suggest the
back. That's my two cents worth, which is about all I can afford towards

presumed $20+ T shirt, after shipping.

Thanks to both Bills.

I think the shirts will be updated, as will all other gear, to dump the
.COM. I thought it would work small, but I guess I knew deep down inside,
that it wouldn't.

On to your question about why advertise the site? My only answer is that I
plan to keep the database free forever, so any advertising, or product based
revenue I can get will offset the work and the expenses. I am hoping someday
to be able to collect and amass all of the usefull information I get from
fellow PORG's into one place that is easy to find, search and read. This for
the benefit of all.

BV.

I don't know how capable you are in doing this, or how practical this is, but
one idea that struck me was to offer custom shirts. For instance, you could
make shirts with a picture of the buyer's pond silk screened on it. That will
likely make the shirt more expensive, but if they come out nice, others may want
them as well. Alternatively, you could have some sort of pond photography
contest where the winner could receive a shirt with his/her pond silk screened
on it, and the photo showcased on your web site. Just a late-night thought.

Old 05-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"George" wrote in message
snip
I don't know how capable you are in doing this, or how practical this is,

but
one idea that struck me was to offer custom shirts. For instance, you

could
make shirts with a picture of the buyer's pond silk screened on it. That

will
likely make the shirt more expensive, but if they come out nice, others

may want
them as well. Alternatively, you could have some sort of pond photography
contest where the winner could receive a shirt with his/her pond silk

screened
on it, and the photo showcased on your web site. Just a late-night

thought.

This is very possible actually. In fact, the green frog mouse pad was
created from a photo I took at Shareholders Pond this spring,
http://www.cafeshops.com/iheartmypond.11728142. If I am not mistaken this is
Lefty the handicapped frog.

Anyway, I am able to create T-shirts from almost any source. The images have
to be good quality, and it would take some work, but I'd be willing to do it
for the PORG's here.

BV.

Old 05-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Nedra

You are just too good to be true, BV!
I order T shirts with my pond pictures from my website at webshots.com.
They only cost $15.00 and are no problem to do. 'Course they only come
in the white color.

Nedra

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

snip