Old 06-08-2004, 10:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Just a ? hope you guys dont mind

"Maggie" wrote in message
Hope you all dont mind me dropping in here, been trying to find some
help for my pond in the yard...Its very small, something like 4ft long,
2-3 ft wide and I would guess about 2-ft deep. Anyway I have a bunch of
little frogs living in there now, dont even know what kind they are,
they do have web feet and make a strange sound, I was thinking maybe
small bull frogs?? As summer is getting away from us, I just wonder what
I should do as winter comes? Should I put some sand or dirt in the
bottom of the pond for them,(as there is none there and it is a plastic
pond) or will they come out as the weather gets colder? I hate to see
them die as I love the little things. I live in the southern part of NC.
Thank you in advance...hope you all have a wonderful day.
Maggie

I wouldn't put any additional dirt in, more important to keep a hole in any
ice that forms, if you get ice. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 09-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Susan H. Simko

I live in central NC (triangle area). I currently have green frogs in
the pond and they all made it through the winter without a hitch. My
pond is about 3 foot deep and I leave the waterfall running all year
round to keep the pond from icing over.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu

Mind what you mulch with Pete C[_2_] United Kingdom 2 06-12-2008 08:19 PM
Love the lack of water dont you? Jonno[_9_] Australia 70 12-10-2007 03:26 PM
YOU GUYS NEED A LIFE! Jay Ponds 5 18-04-2003 12:44 AM
How do you guys measure Stuff? Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 03-03-2003 01:17 AM
Missed You Guys! Reka Orchids 2 23-02-2003 08:04 PM