Old 03-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Rick

Default Fertilizer

I've bin looking for some aquatic fertilizer for my plants, but can't find
any (I don't like buying on the net) Is there any other type that I can use.

Old 03-08-2004, 04:34 AM
Crashj

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've bin looking for some aquatic fertilizer for my plants, but can't find
any (I don't like buying on the net) Is there any other type that I can

use.

What is it about buying on the net that you don't like?
--
Crashj

Old 03-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Newbie Bill

It has been suggested here that the plant spikes for tomatoes and also
ferns(never seen) can be used. I bought my aquatic tabs at Lowes. Might be
worth a phone call to some of the major pet stores or Wallie's if you do not
have any water garden places in your area.
Bill

"Crashj" wrote in message
ink.net...
ink.net...

Old 03-08-2004, 04:56 AM
Bill Stock

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've bin looking for some aquatic fertilizer for my plants, but can't find
any (I don't like buying on the net) Is there any other type that I can

use.

You probably have enough Nitrates (test it) for your plants, so you'll need
to add some Potassium. This can be purchased from your garden centre as
Muriate of Potash. It should be something like 0-0-60, the first 0 be
Nitrogen, the second 0 being Phosphates and the 60 being Potassium. I bought
a 1 kilo bag for about $10 Cdn and my nursery is pricey. This should be a
lifetime supply for my puddle.

I add about 2 teaspoons a week for my 500 gallon pond, so adjust your dosage
accordingly.

Old 03-08-2004, 05:30 AM
Go Fig

In article , Newbie Bill
wrote:

It has been suggested here that the plant spikes for tomatoes and also
ferns(never seen) can be used. I bought my aquatic tabs at Lowes. Might be
worth a phone call to some of the major pet stores or Wallie's if you do not
have any water garden places in your area.

What is OP trying to grow ?

jay
Mon Aug 02, 2004

Bill

"Crashj" wrote in message
ink.net...
ink.net...

Old 03-08-2004, 07:49 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Fertilizer ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

On Mon, "zookeeper" wrote:

Jan, LOL, love the new sig line.

Thanks, I expect to see it in bumper sticker form from BV soon. ~ jan
)
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 09-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Our koi view string algae as a treat. They come up on the plants (i.e. out
of the pond onto a 1" depth) to get the algae. We have none in the main
pond with the koi. Elsewhere, the WH, celery and parrots feather generally
shade it out, The anacharis is generally covered with algae.

Have you any koi?

Jim
"Rick" wrote in message
k.net...
OK First thanks to all! Like I said my pond is around 1100 gal. give or
take. The water is as clear as it can be. I can see every little pebble
of gravel on the bottom ( close to 3 feet). I do however have a problem
with string weed. I've tried the Kitty litter and it has done very little.
I just keep pulling and grabbing to keeping it under control. But it

grows
around the plant stems and I am afraid that I will damage the plants
(Lilly's) if I handle them to much. One of my Lilly's is growing OK it
blooms and the pads are 4 to 6 in. across, some times the algae keeps the
flowers from making it to the top and it just dies off. The other 4

Lilly's
don't look so well the pads are no moor than 2 in. in diameter and grow

very
slowly. Therefore the question about the Fertilizer. I think that it

must
be a combo of, lack of Fertilizer and the String weed that is stunting
their growth. I know that I need more shade on the pond to help control

the
string weed. I'm thinking of putting a patio umbrella next to my pond to
give it more shade so I can keep the algae down and fertilize the plants

and
get them growing so the pond can make the shade that it needs on it's own.
Any other ideas out there?

"Mickey" wrote in message
Do a search for poor mans dosing drops. It use in my Aquariums and my

pond.
The ingredients are available around town with a little detective work

It
is
also cheaper.

ink.net...