Old 09-08-2004, 03:44 AM
Roy

Default Aquatic plant clearance at Lowes

They have miniature water lillys that regularly sold for $1195 listed
at $4.50. Regular sized lillies listed at 9.95 now 3.50 and the
horsetail and other assorted marginals are 2.10. These are the ones
that come prepackaged in a plastic container with a plant basket etc
inside the plastic container (basically the bubs) not a bad deal if
your local Lowes has them in stock yet and have them discounted)
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:57 AM
chagoi

CHECK THEM OUT CLOSELY. Many of them are *"! DEAD !"*
Look at the crowns sticking out of the pot. Bend slightly If it is brown
and brittle it is most likely DEAD. I go through them and look for stems
that show some signs of green or are brown, but firm, not squishy or
brittle. I went through the ones at my local HD and found that 90% of
them were dead.

I bought some mini cattails that never sprouted.
I yous lowes or HD is like all the ones around me they only waterered
them 6-8 weeks after they were 1st put on display. God forbid they get
the box wet and water spotted. I'd rather buy a growing plant in a
water-spotted, faded, falling apart cardboard box than a dead one in a
pristine box. After all aren't we purchasing them for the purpose of
growing them?

Last I checked my name wasn't Gomez Addams! And *Not* married to the
Queen of the Rose Thorns"

--
/\/\ike
Chagoi

Roy wrote:

They have miniature water lillys that regularly sold for $1195 listed
at $4.50. Regular sized lillies listed at 9.95 now 3.50 and the
horsetail and other assorted marginals are 2.10. These are the ones
that come prepackaged in a plastic container with a plant basket etc
inside the plastic container (basically the bubs) not a bad deal if
your local Lowes has them in stock yet and have them discounted)
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Watering cone set clearance TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 10-08-2004 08:26 PM
Garden clearance question Martin G Bridges United Kingdom 6 27-05-2003 11:08 PM
B&S valve clearance Johnny Lawns 10 24-04-2003 04:20 PM
Clearance sale at Fork & Spade! Kim Roses 0 23-04-2003 01:32 PM
Newbie - Allotment clearance Sam United Kingdom 3 27-10-2002 05:49 PM