Old 13-08-2004, 01:12 PM
David

Default Pond water Starter?

Getting ready to start up our new 7000 gal.free form rubber liner
pond.Any Suggestions on a good Bactiera to use?
Old 13-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Granny Grump

Getting ready to start up our new 7000 gal.free form rubber liner
pond.Any Suggestions on a good Bactiera to use?

Microbe-Lift

Old 13-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Granny Grump

Old 13-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Granny Grump

Old 13-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Benign Vanilla

"David" wrote in message
m...
Getting ready to start up our new 7000 gal.free form rubber liner
pond.Any Suggestions on a good Bactiera to use?

Plants + A Few Fish = Plenty.

BV.

Old 13-08-2004, 03:25 PM
George

"David" wrote in message
m...
Getting ready to start up our new 7000 gal.free form rubber liner
pond.Any Suggestions on a good Bactiera to use?

I use Aquazyme with good results. Of course, there are others. All that I have
seen do good job.

Old 13-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Crashj

"David" wrote in message
m...
Getting ready to start up our new 7000 gal.free form rubber liner
pond.Any Suggestions on a good Bactiera to use?

Bacteria. If you build it they will come. You might think about supplying
them with a food source, too. Beer makes a good starter for that.
--
Crashj

Old 13-08-2004, 07:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You need stuff in the pond creating food for the bacteria to consume, so
don't throw your money away just yet. Even with starter, you'll still need
to monitor water quality, depending on how many (how big) fish you put in.
If you go slowly, 2 fish in, 2 fish in quarantine, the water quality should
not be a problem.

I don't think we've ever had anyone follow that advice though. ;o) Except
me, when I'm putting my goldfish back into the lily pond for the summer. 1
fish, once/week, or 2 every other week, is how I do it. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 14-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Go Fig

In article , George
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
m...
Getting ready to start up our new 7000 gal.free form rubber liner
pond.Any Suggestions on a good Bactiera to use?

I use Aquazyme with good results. Of course, there are others. All that I
have
seen do good job.

This product is not really designed for this purpose.

If you want to 'jump start' a pond or aquarium, then it is Fritz-Zyme
"Turbo Start" that you want to use. Used by profession institutions
for decades. You will also need some ammonia chloride as a food
source.

FRITZ-ZYME
work 214-285-5471 ext 164 (Contact:Pat)

jay
Fri Aug 13, 2004

Pond water Starter? David Ponds 0 13-08-2004 01:12 PM
B&S starter mechanism and throttle questions Dr. Doctor Lawns 0 30-03-2003 06:44 PM
snowblower manual pull starter question Alan Lawns 4 24-02-2003 08:59 AM