Old 17-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Larry

Default rec. birds

Ponds and birds go so well together. Is anyone here a lurker or
member of the rec.bird ng? Just curious.

Larry
Southern Ontario
Old 17-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Bonnie

Larry wrote:
Ponds and birds go so well together. Is anyone here a lurker or
member of the rec.bird ng? Just curious.

Larry
Southern Ontario

I have visited them. We are currently building an aviary in
the backyard.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 17-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Ka30P

I've visited them also.
I have a heron and kingfisher visit my pond.
My labradors scolded the heron and it left.
I've tricked the kingfisher with a decoy but now
I let him take what he needs as he only visits for
a month every winter.

Bonnie, do tell more about the aviary!

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 18-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
I've visited them also.
I have a heron and kingfisher visit my pond.
My labradors scolded the heron and it left.
I've tricked the kingfisher with a decoy but now
I let him take what he needs as he only visits for
a month every winter.

Bonnie, do tell more about the aviary!

kathy :-)
algae primer

A friend has canaries that live outdoors year round and
Ralph finally said it would be nice to be able to listen
to them, so we are in the process of constructing an aviary.
Hopefully it will be finished in September and we'll get
our birds then. It is 6' sq and 8' tall with a double entry
door. The sides and bottom are 1/2" hardware cloth with a
sloped shingled roof.
If I ever figure out how to add more photos to my web site,
I'll put some up ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Ka30P

Wow! Sounds really neat!
Will look forward to pictures
when you can.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 18-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Ka30P

Old 18-08-2004, 02:09 AM
bluegill phil

I dont but I have a pair of silver pHeasants with a pond and they go
together well. The idea started out as a watering bowl for the birds
and grew to 3600gals.

Old 18-08-2004, 06:27 AM
AZKalEl

I've been to some of the bird groups, especially alt.birds,
alt.parrots and I can tell you the people there are not like the
ponders. They spend more time posting about each other then they do
the birds! I enjoy the pond group for the great people that come here
and all the great info we all share. I am sorry I can't say the same
about the bird groups because that's another topic/hobby I love to
discuss.

Thanks ponders!