Old 22-08-2004, 04:50 PM
gng

Default Come see my new clean pond (pics)

http://public.fotki.com/gnng/pond_2004/ If you need a password, use
"welcome".

I just upgraded the pump and cleaned the Aqua filter by hand and the water
cleared to swimming pool quality!

2000 gallons
20+ koi, about 18"
San Diego location

Hope you like it! Thank you everyone who gave me moral support when I was
doing my upgrade. It wasn't hard at all.

Gary

Old 22-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Pinkpggy

Very pretty!!!!
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 22-08-2004, 07:20 PM
gng

Nice pond, Jan! I spent the morning in my pond thinning out the water
lillies. Not too bad now that the pond is so clean.

Old 23-08-2004, 12:11 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Nice! Really nice.

How many gallons?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 23-08-2004, 12:26 AM
HK_Newbie

Wow! that's amazing! how many fish, and in what climate are you?

Old 23-08-2004, 12:30 AM
HK_Newbie

hey! maybe i should read the rest of the post!

Old 23-08-2004, 06:43 PM
gng

Pond is about 5 years old, 2000 gallons, cement with liner reinforcement.
Sequence 7200 pump, Aqua Ultima filter, and Aqua UV which is broken but it
doesn't seem to matter ;-) Hmmmm. Pond is 14' X 8' X 3' deep. I have
about 20 koi, and about a dozen goldfish that my daughter threw in that are
now about 4" long. I live in San Diego coastal area so the weather is mild.

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Ponding is a fun hobby,
sometimes frustrating, always more expensive than I thought, but ultimately
no regrets on putting the pond as the focal point in the backyard.

Old 23-08-2004, 11:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Absolutely lovely!!!!! ) ~ jan

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 08:50:51 -0700, "gng" wrote:

http://public.fotki.com/gnng/pond_2004/ If you need a password, use
"welcome".

I just upgraded the pump and cleaned the Aqua filter by hand and the water
cleared to swimming pool quality!

2000 gallons
20+ koi, about 18"
San Diego location

Hope you like it! Thank you everyone who gave me moral support when I was
doing my upgrade. It wasn't hard at all.

Gary

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 24-08-2004, 08:27 PM
slackjeep

"gng" wrote in message ...
http://public.fotki.com/gnng/pond_2004/ If you need a password, use
"welcome".

I just upgraded the pump and cleaned the Aqua filter by hand and the water
cleared to swimming pool quality!

2000 gallons
20+ koi, about 18"
San Diego location

Hope you like it! Thank you everyone who gave me moral support when I was
doing my upgrade. It wasn't hard at all.

Gary

Gary,

Your pond is beautiful. My husband and I plan to remodel our front
yard and 45 gal raccoon food bowl.

We live in San Diego and would love to see your pond in person.
Please email me at if this is OK with you.

Dorys

Old 24-08-2004, 08:38 PM
San Diego Joe

"slackjeep" wrote:

"gng" wrote in message
http://public.fotki.com/gnng/pond_2004/ If you need a password, use
"welcome".

I just upgraded the pump and cleaned the Aqua filter by hand and the water
cleared to swimming pool quality!

2000 gallons
20+ koi, about 18"
San Diego location

Hope you like it! Thank you everyone who gave me moral support when I was
doing my upgrade. It wasn't hard at all.

Gary

Gary,

Your pond is beautiful. My husband and I plan to remodel our front
yard and 45 gal raccoon food bowl.

We live in San Diego and would love to see your pond in person.
Please email me at if this is OK with you.

Dorys

I live here too. Maybe we should have a pond tour of all the locals from
this news group?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 26-08-2004, 12:26 AM
slackjeep

San Diego Joe wrote in message

I live here too. Maybe we should have a pond tour of all the locals from
this news group?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Hi Joe, I don't have a pond to share yet but would love to see yours.
We're in North Park. Do you have a website with pond pics? email me
at .

Dorys