Old 23-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Roy

Default Biological filter question

I picked up a little giant 300 gph filter today. It comes with a fine
and a coarse filter pad, but the instructions also say it can be
converted to a biological filter by adding such and such part number.
I also got this part number to convert it to biological. The part is a
bunch of small pieces of plastic like honeycomb looking things that is
supposed to be put in the filter, but none of the indstructions show
where to place them. Do they take the place of the regular filter
pads, or do they go in the space around the pump below the filter pads
and under the grate that supports the fiber filter pads or what?

I know its overkill but the 300 gph filter in conjuction with the 300
gph Little giant pump I picked up today is going to be used to filter
a 1/2 barrel container pond..........Can you say overkill ;-)
Is there such a thing as too much filtration, I would not think so.
Then again I really don;t know. The water is pumped up and out of a
old fashioned hand type water pump. Have it all together, and filled
with water, hopefully tomorrow I can get it planted and later add 2
or 3 shubunkins to it. I picked up a real working hand pump at Harbor
Freight and just gutted the insides so water can flow up the body and
out the spout. Mounted the pump on a cypress board cut to fit the
tank. Added a 4 watt home brew underwater light to it which fit
perfectly in the open grating of the filter assembly, It illuminates
the 1/2 barrel just right, and is powered by the low voltage lighting
we already have on the patio Looks pretty good, but this combination
(hand pump and whisky barrel) is pretty darn common, but at least the
better half is satisfied as she now has her very own small patio water
garden.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Mechanical Filter Versus Biological Filter??/ DD DDD Ponds 4 02-04-2005 01:55 AM
Biological filter question Roy Ponds 14 28-08-2004 07:51 AM
Biological filter question Roy Ponds 0 23-08-2004 04:18 AM
biological filter(OT) WD Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
biological filter Zack Robertson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 29-03-2003 10:32 AM