Old 30-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Lorna Lanyon

Default wintering frogs in pond

We would like to try and winter over some of our little green visitors this
year, so that there are not so many little gren bodies to clean up next
spring. The pond is in the back yard 15' x 21' x 3' and is lined with EPDM.
There is a 12" garden all the way around it and a waterfall but that is
about all. Any info on how we can help the small green critters would be
appreciated.

Elaine

Old 30-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Ka30P

Hi Elaine,

Most important is keeping a hole open in the ice for gasses to escape. You
could also put a dish pan full of mud down there, garden mud where with no
pesticides or herbicides have been applied. Soak it with pond water and sink.

kathy :-)
algae primer