Old 06-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Claudia

Default New Goldfish

watching the pond tonight and for the first time saw some (counted 3) 1
inch gray/brown fish darting about. Could they be anything other than
goldfish? and when would they become "gold" or is brown the recessive color
possible with mutt type goldfish? sorry if I am not being PC, but I am a
newbie. :-)

Outdoor 350 gal liner pond. established 2 months with what started out as
feeder goldfish, and are now 5 - 8 inches in length. 2 plechos added
yesterday (zone 9 - no freezing - cold for us is overnight low of 45)

--
Totus Tuus
Claudia (take out no spam to reply)

Old 06-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Bill Stock

"Claudia" wrote in message
watching the pond tonight and for the first time saw some (counted 3) 1
inch gray/brown fish darting about. Could they be anything other than
goldfish? and when would they become "gold" or is brown the recessive

color
possible with mutt type goldfish? sorry if I am not being PC, but I am a
newbie. :-)

Outdoor 350 gal liner pond. established 2 months with what started out as
feeder goldfish, and are now 5 - 8 inches in length. 2 plechos added
yesterday (zone 9 - no freezing - cold for us is overnight low of 45)

--
Totus Tuus
Claudia (take out no spam to reply)

I was cleaning out the pond land fall when I saw these dark brown things
darting around. I thought I was seeing things at first, but I got the net
and waited patiently. I finally caught two of these guys. It's been a year
now and they are still silver. Although one has orange lips and the other
has an orange spot on his tail. Definitely mutts.

Old 07-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Crashj

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:35:27 GMT, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

"Claudia" wrote in message
watching the pond tonight and for the first time saw some (counted 3) 1
inch gray/brown fish darting about. Could they be anything other than
goldfish?

I was cleaning out the pond land fall when I saw these dark brown things
darting around.

So what should I do about the 250 or so fry in my pond? I am sure they
are rosies, and I have three separate spawns. I guess the four feeders
I saved from my aquarium oscar were so happy to be free they had an
orgy?
I am down to two adults now, but lotsa babies, and the love the
waterfall
--
Crashj
Old 07-09-2004, 05:34 AM
Bill Stock

wrote:

"Claudia" wrote in message
watching the pond tonight and for the first time saw some (counted 3)

1
inch gray/brown fish darting about. Could they be anything other than
goldfish?

I was cleaning out the pond land fall when I saw these dark brown things
darting around.

So what should I do about the 250 or so fry in my pond? I am sure they
are rosies, and I have three separate spawns. I guess the four feeders
I saved from my aquarium oscar were so happy to be free they had an
orgy?
I am down to two adults now, but lotsa babies, and the love the
waterfall
--
Crashj

Sounds like time to make Oscar happy. You can't keep them all, so keep
the best and cull the rest.

I'm sure I had more too, but I ended up with one very fat goldfish.

New Goldfish Roy Ponds 4 07-09-2004 05:34 AM
New Koi hassling goldfish is this normal? steve Ponds 2 17-07-2004 05:04 PM
New Koi hassling goldfish is this normal? steve Ponds 2 11-07-2004 12:04 PM
new 125g natural sunlight goldfish aquarium s g Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
new 125g natural sunlight goldfish aquarium s g Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 06-03-2003 04:03 AM