Old 13-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Gail Futoran

Default frogs update

I'm still so excited! I thought I had a few little
green (olive green with mottled skin) frogs in
my little (200-300 gallons?) in-ground pond, but
when I approached it this morning, about a
dozen of the suckers went leaping for the
beach and into the grassy area behind the
pond, and I saw evidence of more swimming
in the water.

Toads last year, frog this year - I wonder
what I'll get next year?

Unrelated but what the heck: We're building
a small room on our patio and yesterday
morning found a baby snake (looked like a
rat snake) on top of one of the 12' 2x4 studs
leaning against the wall. Hubby picked up
a 2 gallon bucket to dump it into; I said
Nuh uh! and got an empty 30 gallon container.
We barely managed to keep it inside that
long enough to get the lid on. Moved it
to a part of the yard overgrown with weeds,
NOT near the ponds!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 14-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Crashj

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:39:07 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

I'm still so excited! I thought I had a few little
green (olive green with mottled skin) frogs in
my little (200-300 gallons?) in-ground pond, but
when I approached it this morning, about a
dozen of the suckers went leaping for the beach

Unrelated but what the heck: We're building
a small room on our patio and yesterday
morning found a baby snake

Actually it is related. The snake is looking for the frogs.
"Mmm. Protein."

--
Crashj