Old 23-09-2004, 10:32 PM
jammer

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:53:57 GMT, Bonnie
wrote:

Many folks begin a hobby to keep them sane. The only
problem maybe that they overdo and then it becomes a
metal illness.
Ponders never overdo ;-)

Nope, i never over-do! I have a near broken right arm and had to haul
and place rocks all week. Loved every owie minute of it.

Old 24-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Ka30P wrote:

Cam wrote:
I'll offer 5 bucks

Okay.
This took me a while.
Had the second cup of coffee.... oh!
Do I hear 10, 15, 20?

I guess Cam and I share the same sick sense of humor. That was _my_ first
thought when I read the subject line, but I'm trying to curb my need to
respond facetiously (it's not really working...)

Ooh, ooh...I get it.

BV.

Old 24-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Nedra

I still don't get it and it's 4:30 pm here

Nedra
"ClaudCar" wrote in message
newspG4d.9623$je.4828@trnddc04...
it took me this many posts into the thread to get it!!!! And I am into

the
afternoon!

2 cents.

--
______________________
Claudia

Old 24-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Ka30P

Nedra wrote I still don't get it and it's 4:30 pm here

The 'quote' I wrote was for the quotation from Dave Barry. Our humorist saw it
as 'well, give me a quote on that there newsgroup... say about $5?'

Alas and alak. It took a much needed infusion of caffiene to get it. ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 24-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Nedra

oh!! ohhhhh ... LOL!!
Thanks Kathy. You can tell I do the stock market, right?
Nedra

Old 24-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Ann in Houston

Me, either. Never mind that we needed some way to cut down on tracked
litter from our kitty's box, and I saw a really nifty set-up that would fill
the bill and solve a separate problem that seemed unsolvable, but the dang
cat box "credenza" was 150.00. Well, no way was I going to spend that kinda
money on a "darn" cat. Forget that my daughter loves and can pet and sleep
with and relate to the cat, but as I was shopping for a cheapskate way to
achieve the same benefit, it occurred to me that we spend way more money and
effort to boot, for a bunch of fish that live in the water where we don't
touch them or cuddle with them, or any of that stuff. I know that the fish
do seem to develop a personality of sorts and are also pets, but sometimes
we tend to put that pond in a whole other category that makes it okay to
spend all kind of bucks on it, while we cheap out on lots of other things
that may actally be a lot more sensible.

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"Ka30P" wrote:

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." ~Dave

Barry

Surely not!
kathy :-)
algae primer

I'm sure I don't know what he means.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 29-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Anne Lurie

Roy, I always lived in the Rust Belt/Snow Belt until I moved down to NC a
few years ago. Some of us actually *celebrate* the coming of fall down
here! If you ever want to see what "accelerated growing" may look like,
feel free to call me in February when I'm watching the weeds waving nasty
hand gestures at me!

[Or, then, maybe not -- I'm afraid too many of the neighbors blame me for
the snow we've had here since we moved. I'm told that an average winter was
5" snow total, but we've had a couple of doozy snowstorms since we moved
here. Let me put it this way: I grew up on Lake Erie, lived in both ND and
VT, but only in NC was I ever really snowed in!]

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Roy" wrote

I can relate to that. I used to always wish cool weather wold come so
stuff would stop growing and I would not have to be trimming and
cutting grass etc. I never really got into plants of any kind as it
always seemed to take forever to see it grow as it should, and I hated
to have to wait a year for it to take hold and do its thing etc
etc./......Nothing could be done to accelerate the growing
process........But since I retired and slowed down a lot, I hate to
see summer end and stuff go dormant.......as I have really enjoyed
watching the various stages plants go through, watching fish get
bigger and actually seeing things I was always too busy to spend time
on before. Its got me to the point I wish there wasa way I could
promote better weather and conditions over my pond etc so it would
always remain in full bloom .......I never can seem to say, there
thats it, its finally finished, as I always have to tinker with
something around the pond. The wife never knows what to expect when
she comes down to it......I must have planted and replanted her 1/2
barrel at least 20 times in its short life so far.........and each
time it looked great........there is just something about fiddling
around with aquatic type plants and fish and ponds that grabs ahold of
you. Never in my life would I have thought I could get attached or
obsessed with a $4.99 Wal Mart Koi that survived and is now 12"
long.......or that I would have ever spent $40 bucks for a fish just
to put in my pond.........or all the money for plants knowing full
well the koi are bound to nibble on them..........but I do, and I
enjoy it.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

quote for rec.ponds Ka30P Ponds 0 23-09-2004 02:19 AM
quote for rec.ponds Ka30P Ponds 0 23-09-2004 02:19 AM