Old 23-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Ka30P

Default quote for rec.ponds

Researching quotes tonight, found this one and for some
reason I thought about rec.ponds...

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."* ~Dave

Barry

Surely not!
kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 23-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
Researching quotes tonight, found this one and for some
reason I thought about rec.ponds...

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." ~Dave

Barry

Surely not!
kathy :-)
algae primer

Many folks begin a hobby to keep them sane. The only
problem maybe that they overdo and then it becomes a
metal illness.
Ponders never overdo ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 23-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Roy

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:53:57 GMT, Bonnie
wrote:

===Ka30P wrote:
=== Researching quotes tonight, found this one and for some
=== reason I thought about rec.ponds...
===
===
===There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." ~Dave
===
=== Barry
===
=== Surely not!
=== kathy :-)
=== algae primer
=== http://hometown.aol.com/ka30p/myhomepage/garden.html
===
===Many folks begin a hobby to keep them sane. The only
===problem maybe that they overdo and then it becomes a
===metal illness.
===Ponders never overdo ;-)

I can relate to that. I used to always wish cool weather wold come so
stuff would stop growing and I would not have to be trimming and
cutting grass etc. I never really got into plants of any kind as it
always seemed to take forever to see it grow as it should, and I hated
to have to wait a year for it to take hold and do its thing etc
etc./......Nothing could be done to accelerate the growing
process........But since I retired and slowed down a lot, I hate to
see summer end and stuff go dormant.......as I have really enjoyed
watching the various stages plants go through, watching fish get
bigger and actually seeing things I was always too busy to spend time
on before. Its got me to the point I wish there wasa way I could
promote better weather and conditions over my pond etc so it would
always remain in full bloom .......I never can seem to say, there
thats it, its finally finished, as I always have to tinker with
something around the pond. The wife never knows what to expect when
she comes down to it......I must have planted and replanted her 1/2
barrel at least 20 times in its short life so far.........and each
time it looked great........there is just something about fiddling
around with aquatic type plants and fish and ponds that grabs ahold of
you. Never in my life would I have thought I could get attached or
obsessed with a $4.99 Wal Mart Koi that survived and is now 12"
long.......or that I would have ever spent $40 bucks for a fish just
to put in my pond.........or all the money for plants knowing full
well the koi are bound to nibble on them..........but I do, and I
enjoy it.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 23-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Cam

I'll offer 5 bucks

Cam

Old 23-09-2004, 05:19 PM
San Diego Joe

"Ka30P" wrote:

Researching quotes tonight, found this one and for some
reason I thought about rec.ponds...

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."* ~Dave

Barry

Surely not!
kathy :-)
algae primer

I'm sure I don't know what he means.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 23-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Derek Broughton

Cam wrote:

I'll offer 5 bucks

Cheapskate.
--
derek
Old 23-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Derek Broughton

Cam wrote:

I'll offer 5 bucks

Cheapskate.
--
derek
Old 23-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Ka30P

Cam wrote:
I'll offer 5 bucks

Okay.
This took me a while.
Had the second cup of coffee.... oh!
Do I hear 10, 15, 20?

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 23-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Ka30P

Old 23-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Derek Broughton

Ka30P wrote:

Cam wrote:
I'll offer 5 bucks

Okay.
This took me a while.
Had the second cup of coffee.... oh!
Do I hear 10, 15, 20?

I guess Cam and I share the same sick sense of humor. That was _my_ first
thought when I read the subject line, but I'm trying to curb my need to
respond facetiously (it's not really working...)
--
derek

Old 23-09-2004, 09:32 PM
ClaudCar

it took me this many posts into the thread to get it!!!! And I am into the
afternoon!

2 cents.

--
______________________
Claudia

Old 23-09-2004, 10:32 PM
jammer

wrote:

Many folks begin a hobby to keep them sane. The only
problem maybe that they overdo and then it becomes a
metal illness.
Ponders never overdo ;-)

Nope, i never over-do! I have a near broken right arm and had to haul
and place rocks all week. Loved every owie minute of it.

quote for rec.ponds Ka30P Ponds 0 23-09-2004 02:19 AM
quote for rec.ponds Ka30P Ponds 0 23-09-2004 02:19 AM