Old 24-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Dopey Fish and a Lotus

Some of my dopey fish have uprooted a lotus. The tubor has been floating for
months, and growing just fine. How you do like them apples, Nedra? Anyway, I
don't think these floating tubors will make it through the winter.

I was thinking of waiting until the leaves brown out, and then cut the stems
off and bring the tubors inside. Let them dry. Anyone ever done this?

BV.

Old 24-09-2004, 07:26 PM
George

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Some of my dopey fish have uprooted a lotus. The tubor has been floating for
months, and growing just fine. How you do like them apples, Nedra? Anyway, I
don't think these floating tubors will make it through the winter.

I was thinking of waiting until the leaves brown out, and then cut the stems
off and bring the tubors inside. Let them dry. Anyone ever done this?

BV.

Or you can sink it to the bottom like I did last year.

Old 24-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Nedra

Of course the lotus will grow as long as it is in water. It says alot about
you as a
lotus grower! I'd plant it in a wee bit of dirt and sink to the bottom of
the pond.

Nedra

Old 25-09-2004, 08:05 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:38:40 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Of course the lotus will grow as long as it is in water. It says alot about
you as a lotus grower!

LOL! Now that last statement can be taken 2 totally
different ways. ;o) ~ jan
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 27-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Benign Vanilla

"George" wrote in message
t...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Some of my dopey fish have uprooted a lotus. The tubor has been floating

for
months, and growing just fine. How you do like them apples, Nedra?

Anyway, I
don't think these floating tubors will make it through the winter.

I was thinking of waiting until the leaves brown out, and then cut the

stems
off and bring the tubors inside. Let them dry. Anyone ever done this?

BV.

Or you can sink it to the bottom like I did last year.

I've always sunk mine, but I've never had one bare root before.

BV.

Old 27-09-2004, 04:56 AM
George

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
t...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Some of my dopey fish have uprooted a lotus. The tubor has been floating

for
months, and growing just fine. How you do like them apples, Nedra?

Anyway, I
don't think these floating tubors will make it through the winter.

I was thinking of waiting until the leaves brown out, and then cut the

stems
off and bring the tubors inside. Let them dry. Anyone ever done this?

BV.

Or you can sink it to the bottom like I did last year.

I've always sunk mine, but I've never had one bare root before.

BV.

Good point. Mine was in a container of gravel and stiff clay.

Old 28-09-2004, 04:27 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:57:09 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Huh? Now what am I missing??
Nedra

You could say he's a good grower or being sarcastic (which I
know you weren't being) that he's so neglectful to let his lotus float off.
;o) ~ jan

Old 29-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Nedra

LOL! Thanks Jan ... gosh, to think I am 74 years old and still have to have
jokes
or sarcastic whatevers explained to me. Pathetic!

Dopey fish Bill Stock Ponds 0 12-11-2006 09:35 PM
melt down - mopey dopey Mopey Dopey - Cropduster Child Killer Lawns 0 17-07-2006 04:01 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM