Old 27-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Benign Vanilla

Default Water Lettuce, Parrot's Feature, etc. Up For Grabs

I am in the process of shutting down for the year. I have a bunch of plants
up for postage. I had hoped to be able to do this via the iheartmypond.com
swap site, but I have not gotten it done yet. Anyway, I have...

Water Lettuce
Some small Water Hyacinth (I don't think the big ones will travel well)
Parrot's Feather
Anacharis
Hornwort (I think it's hornwort. It floats like anacharis)

Goldfish of various sizes and ages and colors...local only.

Let me know.

BV.

Old 27-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Gareee©

Will these winter alright?

I have WH, but don't have any of the others. (I'm in NC)

Old 27-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Will these winter alright?

I have WH, but don't have any of the others. (I'm in NC)

snip

I have not been able to overwinter any of these plants. Luckily Jim and
Phyllis like me, and always set aside (LOL) plenty of plants to send me in
the spring.

BV.

Old 28-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Robin

"Benign Vanilla"
wrote in message ...
I am in the process of shutting down for the year. I have a
bunch of plants
up for postage. I had hoped to be able to do this via the
iheartmypond.com
swap site, but I have not gotten it done yet. Anyway, I
have...

Water Lettuce
Some small Water Hyacinth (I don't think the big ones will
travel well)
Parrot's Feather
Anacharis
Hornwort (I think it's hornwort. It floats like anacharis)

Goldfish of various sizes and ages and colors...local
only.

Let me know.

BV.

Is water lettuce legal in Alabama? Could it winter here?
I'm right on Mobile Bay. (boy did we dodge the bullet with
Ivan, friends and coworkers east of us not so lucky)

I know WH is not legal here, and I have been having trouble
finding a good veggie filter type plant here. Pond supply
stores here mostly only have lilies.

Robin

Old 28-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Rob

I'd love the Water Hyacinth Parrot's Feather, Anacharis & Hornwort.
How do we arrange it?

--Rob
Old 28-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
I'd love the Water Hyacinth Parrot's Feather, Anacharis & Hornwort.
How do we arrange it?

Email me your snail mail address. I'll pack some up, and send it out to you.
When I know the cost, I'll email you the cost, and you can paypal me the
postage or send a check.

BV.

Old 30-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Rick

Love to get my hands on some WH, But don't know how to get them thru the
winter. I have 9 water lettuce and am trying to save them till spring. I
live in central MO.

Old 30-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Gareee©

I could try some, and put them in our aquarium over winter, and then restore
them to the pond in spring, if the offer is still open.

Hadn't thought of that...

I could use water lettuce, parrot's feather, anachris, and hornwart

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage: