Old 10-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Roy

Default My water lilly are blooming like crazy

They bloomed periodically every now and then during the summer, now
they all are blooming.............even those that I bought at Lowes
are nice size and putting blooms out. I installed a 90- gal preform in
place of a smaller one and pulled up two of the lillys I had left in
pots to put in the 1/2 barrel setup and there was a total of three
blooms on the Helvola lilly...One has been blooming for two days not,
and the other two buds were about 5 inches below the surface........so
I shuld have 2 more blooms from this miniature lilly..............Even
the parrots feather, bog bean and Pickerel reed is going
crazy.........My sensitive fern (Touch me Plant) has just basically
taken over the enclosure........It has a total of 9 stems running from
the main stem which is over 25 feet in length, and the runners off
this main stem are anywhere from 10 to 15 or more feet in length......

The sensitive fern I have in the half barrel has made one comlete
loop around the tubs rim, and started on its second round.......

Guess it just took awhile for these plants to get established
(hopefully) and not a sign of one big hoorah before foul weather
comes.

Water temp in the pond is setting at 78 deg.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:47 AM
Ka30P

Roy wrote Guess it just took awhile for these plants to get established
(hopefully) and not a sign of one big hoorah before foul weather
comes.

Heck, they survived Hurricane Ivan, they are celebrating!

kathy :-)
zone 7, SE WA state