Old 21-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default OT Slightly: Aquarium Loss

The last of the Fish Tank Mafia has died. My last tin foil barb died
recently. She was somewhere between 4-6 years old. My wife and I can't
agree. She is probably right, so let's say 4 years old.

Anyway, the past few days I noticed an odor in the family room and could not
pin point it. Last night I noticed the water was very cloudy. My 4 year old
had fed the fish that day, and there was a lot of food on the bottom of the
tank. I added some water to the tank to replace evaporation, and I noticed
the odor was from the tank. I changed the filters which were unusually
gross. This is when I noticed the barb was gone.

I plan to check the water tonight, and will probably do a mass cleaning and
update to the tank this weekend. I plan to add a lot of plants, which I
could not do with the barb.

Anyway, my barbs were like family members, as weird as that is, so I thought
I'd share.

BV.