Old 27-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Chagoi

Default Water flow rate let's try it again

let's try it again, see if the chart comes out correct

"bk" wrote in message
link.net...
I have a 1200 gallon pond with Cichlids - Sorry no Koi.
We use a tetra cannister filter with an 1100 gph pump. The filter was
running very slow, so I cleaned the enire filter and it still ran slow.

Then
I found a something jambed within the connection between the hose and
filter. When i removed this, I never saw so much water run thru the

filter.
I'm actually wondering now if the water is running too fast. Should the
water be traveling thru the filter at the same or close to the same speed

as
it enters? Seems it should in order to turnover the water volume. Boy this
guy is really flowing now.

Which of the following series filters do you have? Biofilter or Pressure

I run a PF-3 @ 1200GPH on a 600 gal pond with no problems.

Chagoi

ClearChoiceT Biofilter Selection Guide

Biofilter Model: PF-1 PF-2 PF-3

Pond Size: 1200 gal 1800 gal 2400 gal

Max Flow: 500 gph 750 gph 1000 gph

Dia: 15.25" 15.25" 15.25"

Height: 12.5" 17.5" 22.5"

ClearChoiceT Pressure Filter Selection Guide

PF 1500 PF 2500 PF 4000

Max Pond Size: 1500 gal 2500 gal 4000 gal

Max Flow: 750 gal 1250 gal 2000 gal

Overall Height: 16.5" 20" 23"

Strength: 9 watts 18 watts 18 watts

/\/\ike

Chagoi

http://ourkoipond.com

Old 27-10-2004, 10:17 PM
bk

"bk" wrote in message
[...]

I use the PF-3 Bio Filter. Our pump is a Beckett W1150 with about 42" of
head. This does not include 8 to 10' of horizontal run. Water is delivered
via a 1" id pipe. If my calculations are correct I should be right at or
slightly above the 1000 gph in your chart with a filter designed to handle
twice the size of our pond.

Old 27-10-2004, 10:17 PM
bk

"bk" wrote in message
[...]

Eheim Help - low filter flow rate / cloudy water ? Steve Michie Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 06-01-2006 04:09 AM
Water flow rate RichToyBox Ponds 2 27-10-2004 05:27 PM
Pipe size vs flow rate Nathan A. Smith Ponds 5 09-08-2004 01:11 AM
Pipe size vs flow rate Nathan A. Smith Ponds 0 08-08-2004 02:34 AM
Flow rate into Dupla CO2 Reaktor 400 Poe Lim Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 23-06-2003 04:44 AM