Old 19-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Snake in the House

We were cleaning up the kids playroom last weekend. The playroom is
connected to my home office where my failed indoor pond is. Apparently when
I brought the plants in, I also brought in a snake. So much fun for the SO,
I assure you.

Me and the boys had a good time.

BV.

Old 20-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Jeff,

What kind of snake?

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 20-11-2004, 05:57 AM
Paul in Redland

There are snakes and then there are SNAKES!
Which kind did you have??
Paul

Old 20-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Snooze

"Paul in Redland" wrote in message
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Me and the boys had a good time.

There are snakes and then there are SNAKES!
Which kind did you have??

The story involved him, some of his buddies and his snake, don't ask too
many questions.

Old 21-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Jeff,

What kind of snake?

snip

We're not sure, but we think it was either a black rat snake, or garter
snake.

BV.

Old 21-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Paul in Redland" wrote in message
There are snakes and then there are SNAKES!
Which kind did you have??

snip

We did some research, and it seems the black rat snakes, and garters are
common in MD basements this time of year. According to a few web sites we
reviewed, the poisonous varieties are rare in doors.

BV.

Old 22-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Ann in Houston

We did some research, and it seems the black rat snakes, and garters are
common in MD basements this time of year. According to a few web sites we
reviewed, the poisonous varieties are rare in doors.

BV.

We've been known to get baby copperheads in the house in the spring. I
guess that's when they hatch.

Old 22-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Artships

In article ,
"Benign Vanilla" writes:
the poisonous varieties are rare in doors.

Or is it that survivors are rare to do the reporting?

--
People who love sausages, respect the law, and work with IT standards
shouldn't watch any of them being made. - Peter Gutmann
Old 22-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Artships" wrote in message
In article ,
"Benign Vanilla" writes:
the poisonous varieties are rare in doors.

Or is it that survivors are rare to do the reporting?

LOL. Reminds me of the movie "Pirates of the Caribean". Someone is telling a
tale of how this one dreaded pirate leaves no survivors. Another character
responds, "No survivors, eh? Where do you suppose the stories come from
then?"

Hmm, what just slithered across my foo...

BV.

Old 23-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Artships" wrote in message
In article ,
"Benign Vanilla" writes:
the poisonous varieties are rare in doors.

Or is it that survivors are rare to do the reporting?

LOL. Reminds me of the movie "Pirates of the Caribean". Someone is telling
a tale of how this one dreaded pirate leaves no survivors. Another
character responds, "No survivors, eh? Where do you suppose the stories
come from then?"

iirc, it was the pirate about whom the stories were told who asked the
question - so it's no mystery (of course I could be wrong - I have a rotten
memory for any movie I've seen less than 4 times). I didn't get a chance
to see the end - we were sailing a barque across the Atlantic at the time,
and I got called on deck.

Hmm, what just slithered across my foo...

Been nice knowing you... :-(
--
derek