Old 02-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Crashj

On or about Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:51:44 -0500, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote something like:

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
.. .
Joel wrote:
what about the airpocket I have created with the cover, is the gas
collecting in there, should I have some venting happening ?

Where is your air pump? If outside the enclosure it would be sucking fresh
air in, if not, probably need some way for fresh air exchange. Especially
if it is as tight as you think. ~ jan

Forgive my cynical nature, but I doubt any of us porgs have managed to build
a pond cover that is air tight.

Danger! Danger, Will Robinson! There is a leak in the primary
container!
--
Crashj
Old 02-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Joel

"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...

Joel wrote:
what about the airpocket I have created with the cover, is the gas
collecting in there, should I have some venting happening ? could I
just over the liner once in a while to put fresh air in there ?

Where is your air pump? If outside the enclosure it would be sucking
fresh
air in, if not, probably need some way for fresh air exchange.
Especially if it is as tight as you think. ~ jan

Forgive my cynical nature, but I doubt any of us porgs have managed
to build
a pond cover that is air tight.

Mine certainly isn't, but the snow and 1/4" of freezing rain helped.
It formed a very hard crust over the whole shebang. Although there's
about a foot between the water and the cover, so I don't think it's
much of an issue.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

With all the rain we have been having, all the snow and ice has melted
off the cover of the pond, so I desided to pull back the cover and get
some air in there, the temp. will be above 0C for a bit.

Joel.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:27 AM
Bill Stock

"Joel" wrote in message
4...
"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...

Joel wrote:
[...]

Any sign of your fish? I had the hatch off doing some maintenance, but no
fish in sight, floating or otherwise. Hopefully they're hiding out on the
bottom.

Joel.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Joel

"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

"Joel" wrote in message
4...
"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...

Joel wrote:
[...]

I lifted about 12 inches of the cover off, I could see one of my larger
fish, it is dark down there, 36" deep, so I think they are all ok down
there.

Last year they did well with 6 inches of ice covering the pond, this year
no ice.

Joel.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Joel

"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

"Joel" wrote in message
4...
"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...

winterizing in Canada Joel Ponds 0 28-12-2004 10:10 PM
Winterizing John Ferman Ponds 2 23-11-2003 10:25 PM
winterizing lawn - HA HA Budys Here Gardening 1 18-10-2003 05:02 PM
Winterizing Gas Lawnmower? Brigitte J. Lawns 12 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Winterizing Gas Lawnmower? Brigitte J. Lawns 12 06-01-2003 08:05 PM