Old 07-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Silly Koinkey Thinks Potash is Food

When we closed the pond down for the winter we found a Koinkey (goldfish +
koi = koi donkey fish, koinkey) in the VF. We rescued him and tossed him in
the 55 gallon tank with the other fish. He has been getting along fine,
tearing up the plants, clogging my filters, etc. It's been some work, but
everyone is happy.

I added some new plants this month, and tossed some potash in to help them
out. The dern Koinkey grabbed a pellet, chewed on it a bit, and swallowed
it. I expected to find him dead the next day, but he's just as happy now.

So I was thinking maybe tossing potash in to the filters, but will the
carbon filter it out?

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com