Old 03-03-2005, 06:29 PM
kathy

Default water gardening labradors on alert, ON topic, honestly!

Today I was doing the dishes when I heard
and saw the water gardening labradors on the deck
barking at the neighbor's backyard.

Figured the Cat next door was teasing them again.

Went out to give them the 'Hobo is our friend' speech
and drag them back inside.

And what do I see?

A very large heron standing on the roof top of my
neighbor's house.

Wow, oh WOW!

And what do I find myself doing when he flys away.
I call out, "COME BACK!!! Don't go away!!!"

Hmmmmmm.
This is can be chalked up to a couple of things...
~ Winter boredom
~ The sneaking suspision that Carol sent him
~ Will I have to put my money where my mouth is and
set up electric fences and motion activated sprinklers?
(netting with labradors is out of the quesion)
~ or do I secretly want to make the change to a complete
wildlife pond and stock fish as food? (Already told jan to
hold off on the fish adoption). And I've already invited the kingfisher
to all he wants every winter...

This is too cool!

kathy