Old 21-03-2005, 11:45 PM
kathy

Default Note from Nedra, rec.ponder

For all you rec.pond regulars I heard from
Nedra today.
Her mother passed away from the stroke she suffered
in December. She was a lady in her 90s so she had lived
a long and happy life and was still on her own up
to the end. We can all wish for so much.

Nedra has changed providers and not able to get to
newsgroups yet. I sent her info about using Google
since I had to change when AOL dropped newsgroups.
So hopefully, when things calm down for her, she can
pay us a visit.

She said spring is being very stingy about showing
up in Missouri. She has her pond fellow coming in
April so by then things should be warming up.

So far spring has always come, even to impatient rec.ponders!
And yesterday *was* the first offical day. Hope Mother
Nature is checking her messages...

kathy :-)

Old 23-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Reel McKoi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
snip
## There are FREE newsservers you guys can use, right from Outlook

Express.
I'm using one now. Please Google: aioe.org and x-privat.org and
sunsite.dk - there are even more!

My two cents...I use news.individual.net.

=================
I think there will soon be a charge for that one. A one time fee I believe.
All the free ones I've tried work fine.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 23-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
snip
## There are FREE newsservers you guys can use, right from Outlook

Express.
I'm using one now. Please Google: aioe.org and x-privat.org and
sunsite.dk - there are even more!

My two cents...I use news.individual.net.

Didn't you get the message? news.individual.net is no longer free (as of
the end of this month, I think). Something like $14 a year now.
--
derek