Old 30-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Reel McKoi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Reel McKoi wrote:

## YEP!!! When we opened the pump about 1/4 cup of water ran out. We
allowed it to dry out all day and sealed it with GREASE. Hubby

tightened
them nicely this time. Also, the screws were not real tight when I
unscrewed them - probably causing a poor seal. :-( Home Depot no
longer
carries these pumps nor does Foster&Smith. We don't know if the is

grease
will work so ordered another pump just in case, a Pondmaster Mag Drive @
1800 gph. Price w/shipping & handling came to $140.98.

There's pros and cons there. The pondmaster should never have this

problem,
as afaik the motor is epoxy encased. otoh, you can't ever give it even a
temporary fix by slapping a lot of grease in it :-) on the whole though,
I've heard much better things about the Pondmasters than about Beckets.

=======
Oh well,.... so far so good. The old Beckett is running like a champ. The
new pump will be here in a few days "just in case." The water is already
clearing up a little.

The smaller pond is crystal clear today, really showing off the Butterfly
koi's beautiful diamond scales and silvery sheen. That pond (about 800
gallons) only has a 500 gph pump pumping water through a Tetra external
filter.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...