Old 31-03-2005, 02:26 PM
W Dale

Default Spring Time in the Rockies

Today, snow with blowing snow, temps in the 20's, wind up to 40-50 mhp
gust, MAY get into the 30's, icy roads, snowed in pond with some ice in
spite of all water features flowing. You just got love it here! LOLL.
W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib
Old 31-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Reel McKoi

"W Dale" wrote in message
Today, snow with blowing snow, temps in the 20's, wind up to 40-50 mhp
gust, MAY get into the 30's, icy roads, snowed in pond with some ice in
spite of all water features flowing. You just got love it here! LOLL.
W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

=========================
Uh, no thanks! :-) I'm in TN and it's already warming up here. The bulbs
are blooming, the flowering trees are blooming, the grass is green, house
wrens are building a nest in our gazebo....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 01-04-2005, 06:07 AM
W Dale

Reel McKoi wrote:

"W Dale" wrote in message

Today, snow with blowing snow, temps in the 20's, wind up to 40-50 mhp
gust, MAY get into the 30's, icy roads, snowed in pond with some ice in
spite of all water features flowing. You just got love it here! LOLL.
W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

=========================
Uh, no thanks! :-) I'm in TN and it's already warming up here. The bulbs
are blooming, the flowering trees are blooming, the grass is green, house
wrens are building a nest in our gazebo....

Got any land for sale??????

Old 01-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Reel McKoi

"CanadianCowboy" wrote in message
Still Balmy compared to Toronto, Canada !

---------------
Our weather has been real nutty. One day it's in the 70s and the next it's
gloomy, dark and cold. Today it's raining again.... I was itching to
replant the water lilies for the 3 barrels and get them set up for summer.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 02-04-2005, 04:19 AM
W Dale

Reel McKoi wrote:

"CanadianCowboy" wrote in message

Still Balmy compared to Toronto, Canada !

---------------
Our weather has been real nutty. One day it's in the 70s and the next it's
gloomy, dark and cold. Today it's raining again.... I was itching to
replant the water lilies for the 3 barrels and get them set up for summer.

I hear you. It is supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow and I plan to
bring up my lilies and divide and repot in my spanking brand new fabric
pots. Going to try them this year. About the same cost as the plastic
ones. Will let you know how it goes.
Come on, warmer weather!!!! :-)

Old 02-04-2005, 10:40 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Our weather has been real nutty. One day it's in the 70s and the next it's
gloomy, dark and cold. Today it's raining again.... I was itching to
replant the water lilies for the 3 barrels and get them set up for summer.

Ours was nice for a couple of weeks and now we've had a couple weeks of
cold, wind & rain. Humbug! I haven't even started up MY koi ponds!!!! This
is the latest date ever for me. Filter is still in slow flow mode, water
temp hovering just below 50F. Hopefully in the next day or 2 I can get it
going, all weather dependent.

We did get the Demon Pond going today, so that is out of the way. Not sure
how they will get the plants divided this year. I've put my foot down that
I only have time for filter maintenance. Hope someone steps up. ~ jan )

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 AM
news group

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Our weather has been real nutty. One day it's in the 70s and the next it's
gloomy, dark and cold. Today it's raining again.... I was itching to
replant the water lilies for the 3 barrels and get them set up for summer.

Ours was nice for a couple of weeks and now we've had a couple weeks of
cold, wind & rain. Humbug! I haven't even started up MY koi ponds!!!! This
is the latest date ever for me. Filter is still in slow flow mode, water
temp hovering just below 50F. Hopefully in the next day or 2 I can get it
going, all weather dependent.

We did get the Demon Pond going today, so that is out of the way. Not sure
how they will get the plants divided this year. I've put my foot down that
I only have time for filter maintenance. Hope someone steps up. ~ jan )

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

There you go! :-) . Don't give in! Make 'em step up. Your demon pond
is more like a small lake! LOL :-D . But oh so nice!
We are supposed to get some snow on Tuesday but some of us are up and
running. Matter of fact, it is a beautiful day today in Colorado
Springs! It must have been in the high 60's with very little wind and
no clouds. Very, very nice. So nice, I divided the plants. Last year,
three pots of lilies. Today, I divided them into nine pots. :-)) Four
pots of cat tails, and bunch of other stuff. Guess we will see how the
fabric pots work. I even remembered to take a picture of the beginning
of this ponding season to compare with a few months from now. Talk
about motivated! :-P .

Hang in there, Jan. Spring time will be there so very soon (but not
soon enough)!!

Old 03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:04:16 -0700, news group wrote:

Hang in there, Jan. Spring time will be there so very soon (but not
soon enough)!!

Hanging in, ) but I'll just have to pretend it is spring this week
regardless. Only break I get till school gets out. So I must pot up the
lilies I divided earlier. The marginals can wait. Actually the extended
forecast looks pretty good after we get rid of this latest spat of
unsettled weather.

After spending most the day on outside stuff, a force inside day due to
weather wouldn't be so bad tomorrow.

One bit of fun news. I got a cool solar lantern from Costco today. Looks
like a glowing candle inside a Japanese lantern, it even fickers like the
real thing. ) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~