Old 01-04-2005, 05:46 PM
CanadianCowboy

Default BLUE POND DYE

Hello,

has anybody ever used blue or any colour dye in their ponds ?

I find it very attractive and helps reduce some algae growth.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:24 PM
~Roy~

Yep, I use it and swear by it......I dyed my pond last year about late
April and it lasted until Hurricane Ivan hit, and all that summer my
algae was drastically reduced. I certainly can;t speak for all the
pond dyes out there, but the Blue LAgoon and Crystal BLue pond dyes
last longer than what they say they do......It was kind of
disheartening during Hurricane Ivan when the stream got up over my
spillway, and started to backfill into the pond. Before that you could
see the blue water outflow going into the muddy runoff
water.........then the muddy runoff water started to inundate the blue
water in the pond. I had anticiapated doseing my pond last weekend or
this weekend with PP, and then hit it the next weekend with the dye
which I picked up last week...(Crystal BLue, @$29.50 USD a gal jug
locally.

Only thing I do not like about the blue dye is it makes certain
colored fish look kind of funky.

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:46:42 GMT, CanadianCowboy
wrote:

===Hello,
===