Old 30-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Roy

Default Pond Dye dilema ----Blue or black that is the question!

Since my ponds dyed water got pretty well diluted from Ivan when it
flooded over the spillway, I intend to redye it come late winter or
early spring, before the water and outside temps get to the point of
algae starting to grow. I really think the blue dye I used reduced a
lot of my algae bloom but as nice as it looks there is just something
about a blue pond I am not sure about. So, I was contemplating trying
the Loch Ness Black pond dye. Anyone ever use this black dye?

Pics of ponds and lakes dyed black certainly look like a mirrow but
how do they actually look close up and looking at the fish etc in the
pond? There is more to it than a nice faraway overall view. The blue
dye gave my fish a funny looking color when viewed thru the blue dyed
water.........Just what would they look like when viewed thru Black?
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Nedra

Roy, My water garden club has responsibility for the ponds at
the Jewel Box in St. Louis. We always use Black Dye. It is very fetching
looking - but there are no fish in the ponds... just lilies. I would go
ahead and
try the Black dye. You can always dilute it if you don't like it.... yes,
even on
lake such as the one you have.

Nedra

"Roy" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:48:26 GMT, Crashj
wrote:

===On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:32:17 GMT, (Roy)
===wrote:
===
===Since my ponds dyed water got pretty well diluted from Ivan when it
===flooded over the spillway, I intend to redye it come late winter or
===early spring
===
===What is the dye for???

The dye gives the pond a different color and shades the water to keep
algae down. NAtural ponds in Alabama are a grey green color due to the
majority of the soils (in my area at least) are comprised of a bue
clay or prairie clay which is a light gray color, so the ponds always
have a less than natural look to them as compared to ponds you would
see up north were the soils are much different and algae blloms are
not as prolific.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Azalea dilema [email protected] Gardening 5 29-04-2008 02:29 AM
Burning Bush Dilema [email protected] Lawns 0 03-05-2006 08:13 PM
Miniature Cattails dilema ~Roy~ Ponds 2 13-04-2005 05:36 PM
BLUE POND DYE CanadianCowboy Ponds 1 01-04-2005 09:24 PM