Old 05-04-2005, 03:00 AM
DD DDD

Default Well This is the Pump and Filter I got with al your answers :)

I have a 300 gallon preform. I have a turtle that poops alot LOL. I have
lots of fish, 4 apple snails, 5 african frogs ect. I was running 2
beckett 350gph bio.mech box internal filters with bell fountains for
air. It was just malikg it. So after 3 weeks of listening to you all I
found a dealer going out of buisness and i got a (up to 2000 gal pond
bio/mechanical/uv filter (out of pond with a 1250 gph pump with
pre-filter and bell fountai with diverter. 1000 gph goes to filter 200
to bell fountain for oxygen. This think really pumps. I can get a 15
foot tower of water. But I use the fountain to put air in the water and
its about 1 foot high. I noticed the bell type fountain puts alot of air
bubbles in the water as someone here said. The filter has pressure clean
and its so easy to open the lid. It has a course, medium and fine filter
and 40 bio-balls on the bottom.. This was the Last one new in box with
pump 169.00 The thing thats nice is the lid comes off easy so i can now
clean the course and medium filter without going in the pond. So thanks
to all that helped me out here. The salesman says not to use the UV for
3 months until the good bacteria is doing good. I never heard of that.
He said it would kill the good bacteria. Any Ideas on that? All comments
welcome. Thanks

Old 05-04-2005, 04:59 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:00:07 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

[...]

The filter will be cycled in 6 weeks, no need to wait 3 months. If the UV
is after the filter I wouldn't even wait that long if your water is green,
if not, I wouldn't even turn it on at all. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 06-04-2005, 02:55 AM
DD DDD

Ok thanks, I will use the UV if needed. Im so glad I finally got a
outside of pond filter. I have bad raccoons and they eat all my stuff.
But I put green colored wire mesh (1/2 square holes) on the top of the
pond. And to take this off takes hours. I can see all my creatures
without the raccoon eating them. The racoons tryed to get through the
metal but couldnt. I bought the heavy metal type. There is a 3 inch gap
so wild turtlels can come and go as frogs
I tryed the scarecrow and electric fence but for raccoons it was no
good. They just get zapped and get over it. LOL ... I dont want to hurt
the raccoons either. So the I hope I won this battle. Thanks all. I have
many more questions so have patients. Thanks