Old 11-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Dazed & Confused

Default Shubunkins with barbels

Hi,

I just got some four-inch long shubunkins from our local fish shop. They
all have quite long barbels. The shubunkins I have had in the past had
no barbels. Is there a type of shubunkin that has barbels or might
these be koi?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Ann in Houston

They sound like koi to me. You might have gotten a deal on them if the
store thought they were goldfish.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:10 PM
San Diego Joe

"Dazed & Confused" wrote:

Hi,

I just got some four-inch long shubunkins from our local fish shop. They
all have quite long barbels. The shubunkins I have had in the past had
no barbels. Is there a type of shubunkin that has barbels or might
these be koi?

Thanks

As far as I know, barbels mean Koi.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the pond gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"

Old 12-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Elaine T

Dazed & Confused wrote:
Hi,

I just got some four-inch long shubunkins from our local fish shop. They
all have quite long barbels. The shubunkins I have had in the past had
no barbels. Is there a type of shubunkin that has barbels or might
these be koi?

Thanks

No barbels on my shubunkans. I'll add my vote to the koi tally.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Old 13-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Dazed & Confused (is this one or two people?;-)

You don't have Shubunkins, you have probably culled KOI. Goldfish is my
preference and I don't know all the KOI varieties, but that is what you got.

Tom L.L.
---------------------------------------
"Dazed & Confused" wrote in message
Hi,

I just got some four-inch long shubunkins from our local fish shop. They
all have quite long barbels. The shubunkins I have had in the past had no
barbels. Is there a type of shubunkin that has barbels or might these be
koi?

Thanks

shubunkins & Plants ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 0 12-08-2004 12:34 AM
shubunkins & Plants manzara Ponds 1 12-08-2004 12:34 AM
baby shubunkins [email protected] Ponds 6 13-07-2003 07:32 AM
Shubunkins Judy Ponds 0 12-07-2003 03:44 PM
Sick Shubunkins abc Ponds 5 24-05-2003 06:09 PM