Old 13-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Ponder

Default NEW ponds

hey all
i have a completely drained out my pond to start over fresh. right now its
just a black liner in a hole !
I wanted to know if theres is specifically anything i should do from this
point on besides just adding water. should i layer it with rocks? maybe just
the edges with rocks?
put the plants in before adding water? im ALLL ears!
thanx

Old 14-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Ann in Houston

I would say not to layer it with rocks. I have tried it both ways, and
prefer it without. BTW, this is an extremely inflammatory question for
ponders. Don't be surprised if you get both polite and not so polite
decide on doing the rocks, learn as much as you can about the best size
to use, and only make the layer the thickness of a single rock.
You don't mention your filter. I take it that you are not an
experienced ponder. Did you get the pond with a new house? What kind
of filtration do you have, and how big is your pond? If it is an
irregular shape, just give us the longest and widest points and the
depth. What kind of fish were in it, assuming there were some. Are
they now in some kind of temporary tank, or did they die?
Too many questions for me to think of all of them. Just tell us
anything you can think of to help us advise you.
Good luck, enjoy it,

Ann

Old 15-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Ponder

The pond is now full of water and has rock lining just along the edges. I
have a biofilter made up of tons of cut of pieces of filter media.. its
working great so far.
The pond is about 12x 13. 18inches deep at most. its pretty circular. i
have 3 koi (all under 10inches) and about 6 big goldfish.
ive ponding for only a couple of years now. so any help is great. since im
in ny.. the plants havnt all started to grow completely.. but they are
getting there. so i dont have much shade yet.

http://www.thenyscene.com/pond/2.htm (this is as of Today! april 14th)
John
oups.com...

Old 18-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Have you put some sort of pad under the liner? It helps stop leaks...a lot.

Jim

Ponder wrote:
hey all
i have a completely drained out my pond to start over fresh. right now its
just a black liner in a hole !
I wanted to know if theres is specifically anything i should do from this
point on besides just adding water. should i layer it with rocks? maybe just
the edges with rocks?
put the plants in before adding water? im ALLL ears!
thanx

My Brother's Ponds. Link to on line photo album of his ponds. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 14 03-07-2004 03:04 AM
New to ponds. Steve and Tiffany Ponds 4 01-06-2003 02:44 PM
new to group ... and ponds : ) Nanceemo Ponds 6 15-04-2003 04:08 AM