Old 18-04-2005, 09:21 PM
nortyler

Default need pond setup advice

Hello all. I am hoping you might be kind enough to give me a little
advice. I just dug a 19'x10'x2.5' hole that I would like to turn into a
pond to house common goldfish and aquatic plants. I have a pond that
was built by someone else and is basically a liner, pump, and hose to
the top of a waterfall. My existing pond seems to maintain good health
and requires a drain and clean aprox. once a year to remove built up
muck. I am interested in how effective a skimmer is in eliminating an
annual drain and clean and if Firestone epdm roof liner (I can buy Pond
Guard liner on line for about $.50 a foot with shipping and the roof
liner for $.37 per including tax locally, Pond guard $.95+9% per
locally) can be used. I was also told roofing felt was a good
underlayment. I would like to save where I can, but also not skimp on
quality if the difference in cost is close. So I guess my questions
are;

1. What type of liner 45mil or 60mil, roof or pond epdm? Roofing felt?

2. Filter such as skimmer effective and or necessary?

3. Pump brand recomendations ( pond is 2500 to 3000 gal. with a 20 ft.
run to a 3 ft. tall waterfall)?

4. Does any one know of a reasonably priced supplier in the New Orleans
area? I've tried the usual suspects and liner is is 100% higher, pumps
50% higher than the internet.

Thanks in advance

Old 20-04-2005, 04:10 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You can see how we did our pond filter situation: www.jjspond.us Click on
*My Filter* to see and read about that. Click on *Demon Pond Filter* for
the parts, and *My Lily Pond* for the plumbing under that pond when going
thru the liner. ~ jan

On 18 Apr 2005 13:21:47 -0700, "nortyler" wrote:

[...]

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 23-04-2005, 02:52 AM
Eddypilot

What about a UV light? are they not needed or is it just not part of
your design?

Looking for advice on CO2 setup Evergreen Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 05-07-2006 11:08 PM
need pond setup advice nortyler Ponds 9 23-04-2005 11:14 AM
advice on a new planted tank setup neilw Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 05-01-2004 10:30 PM
Setup for outside lotus container or pond claude rogers Ponds 6 17-07-2003 05:05 PM
Setup for outside lotus container or pond claude rogers Ponds 0 17-07-2003 01:12 AM