Old 22-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Chris

Default Stream construction question

I'm putting in a short, minimally sloping (1/4" / ft) stream for a new
pond. Rather than try to shape the stream bed when I dig it, I though
I'd just dig a trough with a constant slope and width, put in the
liner, and shape the course of the stream with river rocks and sand.
In order to make dams along the way so the stream doesn't drain
completely when the flow is off, I'm wondering if clay, protected by
the rocks and sand, would work. Any comments?

Chris

Old 23-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Clay washes away in the end if it is on a liner in a flow. Is there a
reason to put it in the stream? Could it go under the iner?

Jim

Old 23-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Heather

Hi Chris

We did the basically the same. The stream is actually about a foot deep but
filled with lava stone, then topped off with prettier stones of varying
sizes. This works great because plants have a deep area in which to send
their roots. We have Blue Flag growing fine even tho' the stream is turned
off from Oct. to April.

You can see a picture of our stream here
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...49130260eRNQun

HTH,
Heather

oups.com...