Old 29-04-2005, 07:53 PM
joel

Default Need a new pump in Canada

I need to buy a new pump, between 1000 and 2000 gph and I live in the
Toronto Area (Canada).

These are some that I have looked at, I need some opions from others.

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....DWP-26541.asp?
L+scstore+kfwz8274ff9dec9d+1114802829

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....DWP-02722.asp?
L+scstore+kfwz8274ff9dec9d+1114801969

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....WP-02650.html?
L+scstore+kfwz8274ff9dec9d+1114801948

I'm looking to spend under $200 CDN

The first one seems to be a nice one, can anyone shed more light on this
topic for me and to be purchased in Canada.

Joel
Old 29-04-2005, 09:31 PM

check out PETSANDPONDS.COM

also, homedepot carries nice pumps between 600-3500gph, i think they
are all under $200. i got a 600 gph at homedepot for $99. it runs my
waterfall perfectly and handles solids.

Old 30-04-2005, 12:36 AM
CanadianCowboy

I would talk to and recommend purchasing from www.clarkekoi.com

He is in Scarborough and he really knows his stuff ! Not too many
others in the Toronto Area !

Old 30-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Joel

CanadianCowboy wrote in news:Wxzce.14152
:

www.clarkekoi.com

okay.. any good or bad opinions on this drive

http://www.petsolutions.com/Pondmast...-25002525-I-C-
40001628-C-.aspx

Im looking at the 2400gph

my only question is, would this pump be used before or after a filter as it
doesnt seem to have any filter built in it.
Old 30-04-2005, 06:56 PM
~Roy~

Either..you can always place a strainer on it if used before the
filter. Danner pumps are among the best and pretty darn efficient. A
strainer or prefilter is easy to make out of lots of tiems form just a
simple mesh bag, or place it in a aquantic type planting basket, or
just fit a length of tube / hose to it, and route it into a filter
sleeve of foam.......

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:46:17 GMT, Joel
wrote:

===CanadianCowboy wrote in news:Wxzce.14152
:
===
=== www.clarkekoi.com
===
===

Old 30-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Joel

(~Roy~) wrote in
:

Either..you can always place a strainer on it if used before the
filter. Danner pumps are among the best and pretty darn efficient. A
strainer or prefilter is easy to make out of lots of tiems form just a
simple mesh bag, or place it in a aquantic type planting basket, or
just fit a length of tube / hose to it, and route it into a filter
sleeve of foam.......

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:46:17 GMT, Joel
wrote:

===CanadianCowboy wrote in
news:Wxzce.14152 :
===
===
www.clarkekoi.com
===
===
===okay.. any good or bad opinions on this drive
===
===http://www.petsolutions.com/Pondmast...ps-I-25002525-
I-C- ===40001628-C-.aspx
===
===Im looking at the 2400gph
===
===my only question is, would this pump be used before or after a
filter as it ===doesnt seem to have any filter built in it.

thanks.. I read on and it does have a foam prefilter built in it, so I
might just get that pump.
Old 30-04-2005, 09:30 PM
StOrEcRaFt

I have seen some less expensive pumps at Menards. They range 50gph to
4000gph. Also check out this site.

http://www.pondliner.com/
-They have liner with a very good price.
-Pumps w/ replaceable impellars.
-CrystalClear Dechlorinator @ 45,000 gal for $8.00 (for Chlorine &
chloramine)

joel wrote in
5:

Old 01-05-2005, 06:50 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

thanks.. I read on and it does have a foam prefilter built in it, so I
might just get that pump.

Any foam pre-filter will clog fast and slow flow. Best is to have filter
out of the pond, with the pump pulling water thru it. If this isn't
possible, remove the foam and take 2 mesh baskets and clam shell them over
the pump. http://users.owt.com/jjspond/koipond/photos/set1/09.jpg run hose
to an out of pond filter similar to:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/filters/photos/filter.jpg ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Elaine T

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
thanks.. I read on and it does have a foam prefilter built in it, so I
might just get that pump.

Any foam pre-filter will clog fast and slow flow. Best is to have filter
out of the pond, with the pump pulling water thru it. If this isn't
possible, remove the foam and take 2 mesh baskets and clam shell them over
the pump. http://users.owt.com/jjspond/koipond/photos/set1/09.jpg run hose
to an out of pond filter similar to:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/filters/photos/filter.jpg ~ jan

What's in that flowerpot filter? I've been thinking of adding
filtration and didn't know whether to build Skippy style with pump
output to the bottom of the pot and an overflow or build wet/dry with
pump outflow from above. Wet/dry is considered superior for
biofiltration in fishtanks but I see it so rarely in ponding.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 01-05-2005, 07:00 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:20:46 GMT, Elaine T wrote:

What's in that flowerpot filter?

It is just a regular large planter left hole less, one connection made at
the bottom (or top) with output opposite. Filled, in my case, with open
cell foam, but any media will work. Find a swallow plant tray to fit on top
with plants that don't need drainage, like mint, and there you are. Looks
like a big flower pot of mint. Kenilworth Ivy also does well and it will
hang over the tray. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~