Old 08-05-2005, 10:26 PM
kathy

Default sunny pond day report

For Mother's Day I added three red earred sliders
to the big pond. They are named Yertle, Helmut and
Timmy (the boys in the band named that one).
They are adorable ;-)

Really nice day out and they are enjoying it.
Also saw one of the pacific chorus frogs taddies
in the frog bog. It is so stuffed with plants in
there I'm sure there are many more in there.

Spotted some dragonfly nymph cases abadoned on cattail
stems and lots of damselflies flitting about.
Saw a spider fishing off a reed laying in the water.

Her Royal Highness The Lady Bullfrog has not been spotted
for a while but she never seems to be far away. Just
when you think she has left us she is spotted again.

The yellow iris are starting to bloom. A few water lily
buds have been spotted under the surface of the water.
The sweet potato vines I planted in one of the tub water
gardens are thriving, especially the darker coloured one.

AND jj's lotus is still alive and has a small pad up above
the water line!!!

And on a bad homeowner note. Found a watery five gallon bucket in a
corner of the yard with mosquito larvae in it!!! AK!
But I brought them in the house and have been feeding the
larvae to my aquatic frogs who have been enjoying themselves
immensely!

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ raccoons

Old 09-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy
[...]

Kathy the whole environment sounds just lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy ponding.