Old 17-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Steven Roberts

Default Name that fish?

I acquired a pond complete with fish when I bought my house but don't
really know what they are.

Can anyone tell me what these fish are?

http://www.pbase.com/sparkhorse/pond_life

--
Steven
Old 17-05-2005, 04:22 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I acquired a pond complete with fish when I bought my house but don't
really know what they are.

Can anyone tell me what these fish are?

http://www.pbase.com/sparkhorse/pond_life

Both are Doistsu (sic?) Koi, also called leather scale. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 17-05-2005, 04:27 PM
San Diego Joe

"Steven Roberts" wrote:

I acquired a pond complete with fish when I bought my house but don't
really know what they are.

Can anyone tell me what these fish are?

http://www.pbase.com/sparkhorse/pond_life

The one's with the little whiskers (barbels) by their mouths are Koi. The
rest will be goldfish.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the pond gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"

Old 17-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Registered User

Location: plymouth, england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Roberts
I acquired a pond complete with fish when I bought my house but don't
really know what they are.

Can anyone tell me what these fish are?

http://www.pbase.com/sparkhorse/pond_life

--
Steven
thats a mirror carp
Old 18-05-2005, 05:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Corrected spelling Doitsu. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 18-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered User

Location: plymouth, england

im still pretty sure that they are mirror carp
Old 18-05-2005, 04:27 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

im still pretty sure that they are mirror carp

That is one of the Americanized/common names. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 18-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Steven Roberts

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

im still pretty sure that they are mirror carp

That is one of the Americanized/common names. ~ jan

Thanks for the help guys. What's the difference between mirror carp and
leather carp then?

--
Steven
Old 19-05-2005, 07:16 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Thanks for the help guys. What's the difference between mirror carp and
leather carp then?

IMO, no difference, leather means no scales like what is on the sides of
these koi. Mirror could be due to the big scales along the back that
reflect light. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~