Old 30-05-2005, 07:11 PM
mack

Default Fish swells up

I have heard of a parasite which makes the fish appear very fat to attract a
bird to take it - I think one of my gold fish has this parasite. Please tell
me (a) Is this true? (b) Is there a cure? (c) What is the best thing to do?
I live in the UK. A Heron has cleared my pond out and I am left with just 5
gold fish, including the fat one, I have placed 2 decoy heron around the
pond. Should I cut my loses and clear the pond to start afresh. Help and/or
advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Mack

Old 30-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Reel McKoi

"mack" wrote in message
I have heard of a parasite which makes the fish appear very fat to attract

bird to take it - I think one of my gold fish has this parasite. Please

tell
me (a) Is this true? (b) Is there a cure? (c) What is the best thing to

do?
I live in the UK. A Heron has cleared my pond out and I am left with just

5
gold fish, including the fat one, I have placed 2 decoy heron around the
pond. Should I cut my loses and clear the pond to start afresh. Help

and/or
advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Mack

==================
Does the fish look like a pinecone from above? This could be dropsy and
isn't caused by parasites. As for herons - some people have success with
various types of concoctions which they will soon mention. The only thing
that kept them out of our ponds in the end was fine black bird netting. I
still have the decoy fish that they were smart enough to ignore. They also
ignored the fake snakes, the fake owls.......
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Fish swells up mack Ponds 1 30-05-2005 08:00 PM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 01:06 AM
Algae free fish tank vs Algae fish tank -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 23-10-2003 03:03 AM
Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours. [email protected] Ponds 99 20-08-2003 08:02 AM
SOS! SICK FISH!/do all dead fish float?/Melafix?/Furanase Jo Bohannon-Grant MD Ponds 3 10-06-2003 04:08 AM