Old 05-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Stephen Henning

Default Pond Gloves

While in the UK and visiting the Chelsea Flower Show, I discovered
something that I have been looking for unsuccessfully for a while. Long
gloves to use in the spring when bringing up the plants I sent on the
bottom of the pond the previous fall. I have been using a set of
industrial gloves that are fairly long but wanted a longer pair.

At the Chelsea flower show they had lots of "pond gloves" which sold for
from $5 to $20. I normally wear a 32" shirt sleeve and these gloves
cover my entire arm.

A google search for "pond gloves" turned up a number of sources.

The ones I got a

http://www.worldofwater.com/gloves.htm

and

http://www.gardening-emporium.co.uk/...products_id=47

and

http://www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/Bra...t/product.asp?
prod=CSGL&cookie%5Ftest=1

I haven't used any of them yet.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6
Old 05-06-2005, 05:16 PM
kathy

Oh, wow!
You were at the Chelsea Flower Show.
:::moment of extreme envy::: ;-)

Gloves sound neat!

kathy :-)www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ the damselfly

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:08:23 -0400, Stephen Henning wrote:

While in the UK and visiting the Chelsea Flower Show, I discovered
something that I have been looking for unsuccessfully for a while. Long
gloves to use in the spring when bringing up the plants I sent on the
bottom of the pond the previous fall. I have been using a set of
industrial gloves that are fairly long but wanted a longer pair.

At the Chelsea flower show they had lots of "pond gloves" which sold for
from $5 to $20. I normally wear a 32" shirt sleeve and these gloves
cover my entire arm.

A google search for "pond gloves" turned up a number of sources.

The ones I got a

http://www.worldofwater.com/gloves.htm

I have these, work great! Definitely a solution in cold water. Prior to
them though I found the way to beat cold water was to have a bucket of warm
water next to the pond. Do some work, soak in the warm bucket for a bit,
and do some more work. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 AM
WillMore

I saw them being sold in a fisherman supply stores. They also sell neat
things like rubber aprons, those hardy latex and mesh gloves and other
sorts of neat water proof wear.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

Stephen Henning wrote:
[...]

After trying long plastic disposable gloves, I decided to give up on
staying dry. My DW found me a pair that look like wet-suit gloves --
you go ahead and get wet, but the water in them quickly warms to body
temp and keeps your fingers from freezing. I also wear my ancient
"grubby" winter jacket, and hip waders. That generally keeps me
adequately warm, even in ice water.

Of course, at the moment that's not even remotely a concern ;-).

-- Kizhe