Old 20-06-2005, 10:04 PM
robv60

Default 18 Watt UV for sale in GA

I'm selling my 18 Watt UV and two bulbs. I think I simply need a more
powerful unit. Slightly used, been ran for two weeks. Thought my first
bulb was bad, bought a new bulb, still not clearing my pond. Pond is in
full sun and I think I need a more powerful unit. $100 for all.

Old 20-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Reel Mckoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm selling my 18 Watt UV and two bulbs. I think I simply need a more
powerful unit. Slightly used, been ran for two weeks. Thought my first
bulb was bad, bought a new bulb, still not clearing my pond. Pond is in
full sun and I think I need a more powerful unit. $100 for all.

==========================
This may be true but SHADE will help as well. Several large water lilies
often do the trick. Put your taller plants on the south/south-west side of
your pond. The more natural shad (and pond plants) the less algae.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 20-06-2005, 10:26 PM
robv60

Lillies arent big enough to do any good at this point. Water hyacinth
doesnt seem to want to grow, so no shade there. Not much of a way for
me to provide any more shade.

Old 20-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Reel Mckoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lillies arent big enough to do any good at this point. Water hyacinth
doesnt seem to want to grow, so no shade there. Not much of a way for
me to provide any more shade.

There are always more drastic measures like planting a small shade tree to
the south of the pond. Large shrubs would also help, even if you had them
in those large fancy containers. If necessary you can pull a tarp over
most of the pond until the water clears somewhat.... or you can just wait
and hope it clears by itself. All but one of my fry pools have now
cleared - on their own. Most don't even have filters, just aerators.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.