Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 AM
G & K Meyer

Default Ph is up, what is the cause and how to control?

Checked ph and it is way up, so added some ph reducer. Also checked the
Nitrate, Ammonia and nitrite they are all very low.
What causes the ph to rise? And how should I control it? I also put
the WH in a pail of water / miracle grow. How long should I leave them in
there?
Thanks for all the help !
"

~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:16:22 -0600, "G & K Meyer"
wrote:

Hi, Ponders
Well the EE is at least starting to look like a plant now. I hope it
takes off and gives me some shade yet this summer.
Took a few shots and posted them for you to see of the plants and
fish,
and please give me some feed back. Maybe you got some ideas to help these
small EE move to the larger stag faster.
Thanks and have a great day.
Here is the site.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...i&x=0&y=mfi7fn

The EE looks like it has some new bigger leaves coming, so looks good. I
don't think it will take long to take off.

The WH looks a little anemic, you might want to check you pH. If that is
under 8.5 you might want to give it some time in a sunny tub with miracle
grow.... especially if the fish have been eating the roots.

Water Lilies, and this is for everyone to whom it applies, remove pads
with
tears, they don't help the plant and can actually attract pests. Pinching
them off will keep your plant producing new pads more often and the
appearance of your lily will always look fresh. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

--
Greg &/or Kellie Meyer / GEM STAR Enterprises, Inc.