Old 16-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Kodiak

Default Overlay two Liners, will it Leak?

Does the Liner (EPDM, rubber, or Vynil) have to be
one piece?

What do you do when the pond you wanna build is too
big for any liner that's out there? Can you glue/overlay pieces
together with silicone sealer or something?

....Kodiak

Old 16-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Cheryl and Rob

The make liner tape for just that reason. The stuff I used to have is 3
inches wide and comes in varying widths.

HTH Rob

Old 16-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Courageous

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:56:37 -0400, "Kodiak" wrote:

Does the Liner (EPDM, rubber, or Vynil) have to be
one piece?

Generally, yes. There are tapes and sealants for seams,
but they are hard to get right.

What do you do when the pond you wanna build is too
big for any liner that's out there? Can you glue/overlay pieces
together with silicone sealer or something?

If you don't have an alternative...

I might check this website, though: http://www.wetwebmedia.com

Bob Fenner, who runs the place, was a professional pond
installer for many years.

C//

Old 16-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

Kodiak wrote:

Does the Liner (EPDM, rubber, or Vynil) have to be
one piece?

What do you do when the pond you wanna build is too
big for any liner that's out there? Can you glue/overlay pieces
together with silicone sealer or something?

...Kodiak

Who says it's too big???
http://www.dripworksusa.com/ev_store/ev_store2.html
Old 16-07-2005, 11:42 PM
San Diego Joe

"Kodiak" wrote:

Does the Liner (EPDM, rubber, or Vynil) have to be
one piece?

What do you do when the pond you wanna build is too
big for any liner that's out there? Can you glue/overlay pieces
together with silicone sealer or something?

...Kodiak

I overlayed mine. The main pond is one piece that went "up" the stream about
ten feet. I then laid the stream liner over that for about ten feet. I have
had no problems. Now, if you are talking overlay in the center of your pond,
I don't know about that.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 18-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Mickey

I have a pond that is 20 foot around 3+ feet deep and used two pieces of
Rubber roofing spliced right down the center it has not been a problem.
Buying two smaller pieces and the roofing splice kit from Menards was
cheaper then a single piece.