Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-07-2005, 07:30 PM
ice ice is offline
Registered User

Question replacing a liner

Hi, I'm a complete beginner to this pond business, I bought a house last year that had a pond in the garden. We now have a leak in the pond and we've bought a new liner cos it seems to me that repairing the old one (we don't know how old it is) is nearly as hard as replacing it. We were going to use the old one as an underlay for the new one.
What I need though is loads of advice. We've got 7 gold carp (I think that's what they are) about just over a foot long, 1 diamond sterlet, about 8 inches long, 2 or 3 black fish about the same size as the gold ones and loads of little black ones. What is the best way to catch them, what is the best thing to keep them in (we bought a plastic bin, but I don't think it's big enough, would 3 do) do we need to keep them in the pond water, how do we get rid of the last bit of water from out of the old liner, is it ok just to put the fish back in the pond with fresh tap water or does it need to be treated, how long can the fish survive in the bins. etc.

Any help and advice, tips or hints would be very much appreciated.

Replacing pond liner - seeking advice Timmah1980 Ponds (moderated) 7 30-04-2007 02:19 PM
Replacing liner? Ralph Ponds 0 14-09-2004 08:07 PM
Replacing liner? Ralph Ponds 0 14-09-2004 08:07 PM
Replacing liner? Ralph Ponds 0 14-09-2004 08:07 PM
Replacing PVC Liner (questions) Amanda Galiano Ponds 3 02-09-2003 09:03 PM