Old 19-07-2005, 08:26 PM
bbrown9506

Default Minnows-Spawned

My Minnows spawned last week and now it lookes like I have a few
hundres new editions to the pond! their are baby minnows everywhere!
Good to see the pond is growing well enough to support such growth, I
just set it up in March of this year! My Tadpoles are also almost
Frogs! Most have both their Front and back legs but sitll have their
tails! Cant wait to see if they stick around? anyone ever do tadpoles?
and did they stay in the pond once frogs?

Old 19-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Reel Mckoi

"bbrown9506" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Minnows spawned last week and now it lookes like I have a few
hundres new editions to the pond! their are baby minnows everywhere!
Good to see the pond is growing well enough to support such growth, I
just set it up in March of this year! My Tadpoles are also almost
Frogs! Most have both their Front and back legs but sitll have their
tails! Cant wait to see if they stick around? anyone ever do tadpoles?
and did they stay in the pond once frogs?

===========================
A few of the aquatic types stay. Those that are not aquatic leave. They all
come back in the spring and early summer to breed.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 20-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Gail Futoran

"bbrown9506" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Minnows spawned last week and now it lookes like I have a few
hundres new editions to the pond! their are baby minnows everywhere!
Good to see the pond is growing well enough to support such growth, I
just set it up in March of this year! My Tadpoles are also almost
Frogs! Most have both their Front and back legs but sitll have their
tails! Cant wait to see if they stick around? anyone ever do tadpoles?
and did they stay in the pond once frogs?

I usually get a gadzillion tadpoles in my small-ish
pond (maybe 300 gallons) and by the end of the
season most are gone. Either eaten by something
or migrated. Unfortunately we're not close to
natural sources of water so I suspect most don't
make it.

Ditto the minnows. Mine breed like, well,
minnows, but by the end of the season most
have disappeared.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8