Old 13-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Registered User

Default Indoor Hydroponic roses???

I am a new member with a few questions. I recently purchased 4 mini rose plants from on online dealer. I have them in a 4 plant top feed drip hydroponics system with a 400W MH light. I did not repot the plants yet because I want to give them time to adjust to their new environment. However, I am unsure if I am over feeding them being that they shipped in a peat medium and I assume it comes with nutrients already. Currently I am watering them once a day for 15min with approximately 600PPM of Tri Flex 3 part Base, Grow, Bloom formula. I’ve never grown roses before and would appreciate the advice. I also have concerns with the temperature in with they are growing in. My grow room is between 80-90 degrees and I believe I read that roses like cool weather in the 70’s.
amIover feeding? If so what are the signs roses provide?
2.Is my temp OK? If not what should it be?
3. Anyone grow roses in a hydroponics system? What were the results?

Thanks…

Cheers!

James
Old 14-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Tim Tompkins

I haven't heard of any individuals growing roses in a hydroponic
environment.

There is a local whosale grower of roses for the florist trade that does
grow some of their plants hydroponically with good success.

In general your environment sounds to be acceptable, I don't know how the
concentration of nutrients compares with traditional soil and nutrient
sources. The temperature is fine, you MAY want to adjust the temperature to
slow the bloom/stem ratio as higher temps tend to cause buds/blooms to
mature more quickly.

Personally I am very interested in your results and would like to see you
post in the future with information about your results.

Tim

--
Masterson