Old 24-08-2005, 05:00 AM
Tom Sherwood

Default glove recommendation

so-i'm looking for new gloves. naturally i want them to be thorn -proof
flexible and comfortable. i'd like to know what brand you use.

Old 24-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Gail Futoran

"Tom Sherwood" wrote in message
so-i'm looking for new gloves. naturally i want them to be thorn -proof
flexible and comfortable. i'd like to know what brand you use.

I don't mind getting pricked so much so I use
cotton gloves with reinforced (rubber nodules)
palms. Lately, though, I read a Consumer Reports
article on work gloves and sprang for a pair
of Mechanix gloves. At $15 they're about 3-4x
as expensive as my usual gardening gloves, but
are very flexible and seem to protect more than
my other gloves. They're also supposed to last
a lot longer so the price difference is misleading.

The "best" rose gloves are so thick I have to take
them off constantly to do much of anything, which
defeats the purpose...

I think I found the Mechanix gloves at Lowes,
either there or Home Depot. One store carries
the brand, the other doesn't. The gloves come
in a male and a female version, which I
appreciate. They're a really good fit for me.

http://www.mechanix.com/

Gail

Old 30-08-2005, 03:13 AM

Tom Sherwood wrote:
so-i'm looking for new gloves. naturally i want them to be thorn -proof
flexible and comfortable. i'd like to know what brand you use.

I like the kidskin guantlets i bought on remainder, but there are hide
gloves that look nice, so:

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-~-p13176222?sourceid=3

something like that,

carl,

Old 31-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Snooze

"Tom Sherwood" wrote in message
so-i'm looking for new gloves. naturally i want them to be thorn -proof
flexible and comfortable. i'd like to know what brand you use.

I just use the cow hide garden gloves, i think they're made by Stanely. Goat
and deer skin gloves are a little bit softer, but i was being cheap when I
bought my gloves.

Check out http://www.stanleygloves.com and spend a bit of time trying out
the glove selection at your local big box type hardware store.

-S