Old 26-05-2006, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Harley

Default I need help. Starting a rose.

I'm back for more help. My neighbor has a beautiful yellow rose. It has
one stem that is right next to the foundation. He has never taken care
of it in 30 years and it is always long blooming and healthy. He told me
I could have it but I don't think it would survive being its location.

Is it possible to take seeds or a cutting. Any help on how to do either
appreciated. harley

Old 26-05-2006, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

"Harley" wrote in message
I'm back for more help. My neighbor has a beautiful yellow rose. It has
one stem that is right next to the foundation. He has never taken care
of it in 30 years and it is always long blooming and healthy. He told me
I could have it but I don't think it would survive being its location.

Is it possible to take seeds or a cutting. Any help on how to do either
appreciated. harley

The American Rose Society www.ars.org
has several articles on rose propagation:
http://www.ars.org/About_Roses/propagation.htm

If you try cuttings, I would suggest taking several
(not so much to harm the plant) because some
cuttings might survive, others might not.

I've done hardwood cuttings with differing
success, mostly dependent on the rose variety.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8