Old 22-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Shiva

Default Hybrid Perpetuals

Rosa Rosam wrote:

Here is a set of texts about the Hybrid Perpetuals.
http://www.rosarosam.com/menu_hp.html
with he hope you will enjoy these texts and help us in the study and
protection of these beautiful roses.

What a beautiful job you and your partner have done on the web site--the
photos and quite interesting text really held my attention. The format is
great--someone made lots of very good design decisions with the html.
Also, your writer does a wonderful job with the history without sounding
stuffy, stilted, or pendantic. Quite refreshing.

The only hybrid perpetuals I grow are Reines des Violettes and Paul
Neyron. (In fact, I didn't realize Paul was a hp until reading your site.)
I am wondering why the blooms on my Reines des Violettes are so small. It
is a young plant, maybe that is it. But all photos I see make this bloom
look lots bigger.

Old 23-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Shiva

Rosa Rosam--per your private comment in email--you are right, but you will
notice that things are changing quite nicely. You can be (and ARE) part of
the good changes. (My email is down, hence this post.)

I hope you and your partner do more informative pieces on your web site.
Yours was the first illustrated historical piece I've encountered that I
found to be a joy to read and view.

Old 24-02-2003, 04:15 AM
farmgal

I have Reine des violettes also, and was initially dissapointed by the
flowers' lack of size. After seeing it in several other gardens though, and
reading some of that fine print that always accompanies the spectacular
pictures I see, I've decided that they're just a smallish flower. They're
also not very long lasting. I still think it's pretty special, though.

Wanted! Hybrid Perpetual Roses Hybrides Remontants AmiRoses Roses 4 17-01-2004 10:32 AM
3 Peace Hybrid Tea for £3.49 - good deal? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 01:56 PM
Looking For *Smoky* Hybrid Tea Rose KarenS6556 Roses 2 27-02-2003 09:07 PM
hybrid water lillies jammer Ponds 1 16-02-2003 05:03 AM
Mail order Hybrid-T's. Scopata Fuori Roses 0 03-02-2003 11:16 PM